on 9 January 2016
So here's what I intended to achieve with this product - I wanted to send HDMI video to my Acer monitor and take audio from the RCA into my speakers (which is what many people who bought this product are doing). Now as a few buyers have already pointed out, with this product if you put your monitor on standby, the entire Xbox will restart. I realise that this is likely a very specific circumstance, but the monitor I'm using is ALWAYS on standby until it starts receiving signal. This means that I'm stuck in an infinite loop whereby I turn my Xbox on, my monitor is receiving no signal, monitor stays on standby, Xbox restarts, monitor receives no signal, etc. I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that this is caused by the fact that the Xbox doesn't begin to send video until a second after it turns on (therefore my monitor never leaves standby mode and the Xbox repeatedly restarts). I have tried every combination of turning the monitor on after the Xbox, monitor before Xbox, un-plugging, plugging back in, but nothing works.

Two stars because I'm aware that this product works 99% of the time.

TL;DR: If your monitor requires signal to leave standby mode like mine, DO NOT buy this product.
on 26 May 2015
Perfect for solving my problem. Had a new set of turtle beach headphones and couldn't use them alongside my hdmi lead but this converter works perfectly. Admittedly it took some time to come from China but it cost next to nothing do.it was well worth the wait!
on 27 March 2014
Problem: the soundcard on my TV bust, needed to run my xbox 360 through an external sound source. I had some spare PC speakers but theres no sound out option if running HDMI to HDMI.

This works perfectly and was cheap as chips!
on 31 May 2013
If you want to use a HDMi cabled and need audio from your xbox, this is perfect. It has the stereo audio out or the high quality optical audio out as well. You will need to buy the HDMi separately though, this is just for audio.
on 16 December 2014
Fast delivery... Product functions...

It is just a little tight getting it into
the socket on Xbox 360, even with all
other cables removed.

For the price...I am Happy...
on 2 September 2013
I'm finally able to get proper surround sound through my xbox, hurrah. I don't know why the xbox doesn't just have an optical out port like the PS3, but this adapter allows that connection.
on 4 May 2013
Bought this to connect my headset as my TV has no jack connector, it does the job! If you use an HDMI cable but you want to use your own digital set or simple headset this would do for you!
on 22 February 2014
Perfect. Exactly what I needed. The adapter that goes into the xbox is abit big, so u might find it hard fitting some HDMI cables into the slot next to it. Everything else is cool.
on 14 December 2013
I'm very happy with this. Fits perfectly above my HDMI cable in the back of the Xbox and makes using my headset sooo much easier. Delivered very quickly. I'm a happy bunny!! :)
on 23 February 2013
Bought for use with tirtlebeach x12's as I am running my tv off HDMI and you need this adapter as the one that comes with your Xbox wont fit injunction with HDMI cable

See one answered question