4.8 out of 5 stars1,074

on 14 September 2011
I have been using Renapur Leather Balsam for over ten years and I'm delighted to find the product for sale online as I previously bought from a Country Fair years ago.

I used to own horses and so originally bought the Balsam to use on my tack and riding boots, but I now use it on my children's scuffed shoes, my sofa and car interior - basically anything leather that I think could do with a bit of tlc.

Reasons why I love Renapur Balsam - it's not sticky or tacky when you put it on so for example when I was riding, I didn't slip around in my saddle after using it. It brings the leather up looking really smart and gives it a new lease of life. It sorts out the scuff marks on my children's shoes which I'm sure has saved me a lot of money not having to buy new pairs so often. It also waterproofs the leather which was great for my riding boots and for the children's shoes. My husband also uses the Balsam on his motorbike leathers and he is always recommending it to his friends as it keeps them nice and supple and waterproofs them which stops him getting soggy when he's caught in the rain.

Basically I wouldn't be without a pot of Renapur at home - it really is fantastic stuff and I would recommend it to anyone.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2013
We recently bought a leather sofa, chair and stool from DFS (in a Chesterfield style, so the leather has lots of folds and buttons).

Now we like the furniture, but when it arrived it felt very dried out and a little dirty. So we cleaned it with the cleaning materials provided by DFS. These improved the feel of the leather a little bit, but didn't make a huge difference.

So I bought a LeatherMaster Leather Care Kit, and used that on the furniture. Now to be fair to the Leather Care Kit, it did improve the feel of the furniture even more.

But even so, after having the furniture for nearly a month, it didn't quite have the luxury leather feel that we wanted, although it was very keen.

I ordered the Renapur Leather Balsam as I wanted to really treat and soften the leather.

And I'm extremely glad that I did.

Firstly, some advice. If you have leather furniture, buy this product and use it: it will improve it.

Secondly, some more advice about the instructions.

It tells you to apply sparingly with a sponge. Now one of these instructions is wrong, in my opinion.

Forget the sponge.

I have treated various leather products over the years, from walking boots to Barbour jackets, and one thing that I was told by an old Army instructor years ago was that it is nearly always better to use your fingers when applying leather treatments. The heat from your hand, and the suppleness and flexibility in your fingers, means that you can really massage the cream into the leather so much better than you could if you use a sponge.

On the other hand, you do need to apply this sparingly.

So this afternoon I have, to all intents and purposes, given my leather furniture a massage using the Renapur Leather Balsam.

And it now looks and feels amazing.

The colour has intensified (some might say deepened, but it has certainly not darkened). Now, the furniture looks like I always hoped it would: a much loved, and well treated, classic. It shines with a depth that it didn't have before. The leather has absorbed the balsam and is now soft to touch, but not greasy.

To be completely honest, it was a little greasy when I finished, so don't apply the treatment five minutes before your in-laws come to visit unless you don't like them and want them to slide off your furniture. But wait an hour or two for the cream to be complete absorbed, and then just wipe lightly with a soft cloth to buff to a deep shine.

(A quick tip here. When they say apply sparingly, they mean it. The pot may be small, but my estimate it's going to last years.)

(Another tip: always check the product is right for you, and always test on a small discrete and non-visible part of the material.)

I have absolutely no problem recommending this product. It is awesome.
33 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2012
Superb product from a reliable and quality company. The Balsam makes the leather look, and feel, soft, clean and comfortable. It goes a long way and is easy to use. It is also very reasonably priced. We have three very expensive leather sofas in our living room and this is by far the best product we have tried.
on 8 February 2013
Delighted with this tub, I actually bought leather cleaner too but it wasn't needed - i just wiped it down and applied Renapur. The car seats were 30 years old and I imagine had never been treated. They're not exactly brand new but you get the feeling they'll last a lot longer now, they're not brittle and feel like they won't crack. The residue isn't sticky or waxy either which is a huge plus.
on 5 July 2014
My daughter had a big, very comfy, tired looking black leather sofa. Well, not really black anymore as the surface appeared almost a grey with even lighter grey lines in it. I was searching for a black leather dye for it when I came across this Renapur Leather Balsam. Could this little tub of a substance really do what it claims for such a small price? But where do you ever see over 300 5* reviews for a product? I had to try it! When it arrived , I was very sceptical. It wasn't a dye so how was the sofa going to be black again? I set to, starting the process and as I had read the reviews previously, I soon abandoned the sponge application and used my fingers to massage it into the leather. The result was almost instantaneous. The black leather sofa came alive and I have never seen such results from a product. Talk about it doing "what it says on the tin!" In no time at all, I had another three willing helpers getting in on the massaging, all in awe as I was, and we soon stood back staring at what appeared to be a brand new jet black sofa! It was fantastic. We had only used just over a third of the tub! But even so, we had used too much! The sofa felt tacky and sticky and a quick call to the company resulted in an immediate reply that we had been too generous with the balsam and as they suggested, we just buffed it off with a dry cloth and the sofa was perfect. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. A brand new looking sofa for around the cost of £4! Unbelievable!
on 31 January 2013
I bought a tub of Renapur Leather Balsam in Aylesbury 16 years ago. The tub held 250 ml and is just about to run out !
It is so easy to apply. I would be lost without it.
So glad I`ve found it on Amazon.
on 23 April 2015
I hardly ever write reviews which is wrong of me as they can determine what products we buy from reading them, however, after using this leather balsam I felt I really needed to leave feedback.
I bought this for my leather upholstery in a car I bought recently and I'm seriously impressed by the results.
After applying (sparingly) with the sponge pad provided I worked in with my bare hands to generate heat to help "work it in". It genuinely has brought up the leather by deepening the colour and providing a shine with a non tacky finish. The upholstery was already in fantastic condition but now looks better than new. My only concern is of how much it's a cleaning product but look at it as a conditioning product that's restores,softens,protects and you won't go wrong.
Would like to mention I work for a leading furniture store that provide leather cleaning packs for sofas but this stuff wins hands down and is half the price too!!
on 30 September 2013
I don't give many things 5 stars but this product is fantastic! I bought a pot years ago from some motorcycle show and have unused nothing else on any leather since. I use on all the family's shoes, on leather jackets even on my car seats!
I swear by it - most of my friends and family have been put on to it by me and they are all big fans. If you have never tried this product you are missing out! It lasts for years too.
on 3 June 2016
Despite having an Amazon account for countless years I've never been inspired to write a review before but this product has such an impact I had to.

I am a huge fan of good quality leather products from Sofas to bags, boots, car interiors, whatever.
Over the years I have used many different leather care products and had some which I considered really top quality and I condition expensive leather items every 6 months or so always being pleased with the results.

What this does is raise the bar so high that nothing can touch it. Usually when I condition our leather sofa it looks "good" after and I'm happy its not going to dry out or crack.
What happened last night is that I put some on a section of the sofa and it simply made it look AMAZING. The leather looked conditioned and felt supple and strong. The colour improved and blemishes faded away but the overall patina of the leather wasn't destroyed.

So impressed was I that after that I spent several hours conditioning my other leather products with it.

One thing I would say is that it really needs to be applied by hand and massaged in, then left to rest and any not absorbed wiped off with a cloth rather than applying with a sponge as recommended on the tub.

Will certainly be buying this again!
on 17 April 2012
This is a marvelous product that I have used many times before - I use it mainly for my motorcycle leathers and boots, but it is equality successful on all all types of leather shoes and clothing (not suede) as well as leather furniture. I don't hesitate to recommend it.