5.0 out of 5 stars Just the best leather treatment product by far
I have been using Renapur Leather Balsam for over ten years and I'm delighted to find the product for sale online as I previously bought from a Country Fair years ago.

Published on 14 Sept. 2011 by Bashley

3.0 out of 5 stars could b better
Smells good. Not perfect for waterproofing hence 3 stars
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the best leather treatment product by far, 14 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)

I used to own horses and so originally bought the Balsam to use on my tack and riding boots, but I now use it on my children's scuffed shoes, my sofa and car interior - basically anything leather that I think could do with a bit of tlc.

Reasons why I love Renapur Balsam - it's not sticky or tacky when you put it on so for example when I was riding, I didn't slip around in my saddle after using it. It brings the leather up looking really smart and gives it a new lease of life. It sorts out the scuff marks on my children's shoes which I'm sure has saved me a lot of money not having to buy new pairs so often. It also waterproofs the leather which was great for my riding boots and for the children's shoes. My husband also uses the Balsam on his motorbike leathers and he is always recommending it to his friends as it keeps them nice and supple and waterproofs them which stops him getting soggy when he's caught in the rain.

Basically I wouldn't be without a pot of Renapur at home - it really is fantastic stuff and I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather your guests would like to sit on., 20 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
Superb product from a reliable and quality company. The Balsam makes the leather look, and feel, soft, clean and comfortable. It goes a long way and is easy to use. It is also very reasonably priced. We have three very expensive leather sofas in our living room and this is by far the best product we have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the business when it comes to treating leather sofas!, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
We recently bought a leather sofa, chair and stool from DFS (in a Chesterfield style, so the leather has lots of folds and buttons).

Now we like the furniture, but when it arrived it felt very dried out and a little dirty. So we cleaned it with the cleaning materials provided by DFS. These improved the feel of the leather a little bit, but didn't make a huge difference.

So I bought a LeatherMaster Leather Care Kit, and used that on the furniture. Now to be fair to the Leather Care Kit, it did improve the feel of the furniture even more.

But even so, after having the furniture for nearly a month, it didn't quite have the luxury leather feel that we wanted, although it was very keen.

I ordered the Renapur Leather Balsam as I wanted to really treat and soften the leather.

And I'm extremely glad that I did.

Firstly, some advice. If you have leather furniture, buy this product and use it: it will improve it.

Secondly, some more advice about the instructions.

It tells you to apply sparingly with a sponge. Now one of these instructions is wrong, in my opinion.

Forget the sponge.

I have treated various leather products over the years, from walking boots to Barbour jackets, and one thing that I was told by an old Army instructor years ago was that it is nearly always better to use your fingers when applying leather treatments. The heat from your hand, and the suppleness and flexibility in your fingers, means that you can really massage the cream into the leather so much better than you could if you use a sponge.

On the other hand, you do need to apply this sparingly.

So this afternoon I have, to all intents and purposes, given my leather furniture a massage using the Renapur Leather Balsam.

And it now looks and feels amazing.

The colour has intensified (some might say deepened, but it has certainly not darkened). Now, the furniture looks like I always hoped it would: a much loved, and well treated, classic. It shines with a depth that it didn't have before. The leather has absorbed the balsam and is now soft to touch, but not greasy.

To be completely honest, it was a little greasy when I finished, so don't apply the treatment five minutes before your in-laws come to visit unless you don't like them and want them to slide off your furniture. But wait an hour or two for the cream to be complete absorbed, and then just wipe lightly with a soft cloth to buff to a deep shine.

(A quick tip here. When they say apply sparingly, they mean it. The pot may be small, but my estimate it's going to last years.)

(Another tip: always check the product is right for you, and always test on a small discrete and non-visible part of the material.)

I have absolutely no problem recommending this product. It is awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP PRODUCT!! -- MUST BUY!!, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
I originally bought this for use on my horse saddles, and ended up using it on my leather sofas, fine leather shoes, and leather boots. This is amazing stuff and the more you apply it the more waterproof protection you get! It also works amazingly to repel snow and Salt from the roads during winter. I have been using it for the last 12 years and all my leather items remain in their original colours because if this product.

This is a MUST BUY for all you out there who love leather and keeping it in peak original condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Renapur, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
This is a marvelous product that I have used many times before - I use it mainly for my motorcycle leathers and boots, but it is equality successful on all all types of leather shoes and clothing (not suede) as well as leather furniture. I don't hesitate to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came in quick and on time in a nicely packaged parcel with the big bottle of balsam and ..., 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
Came in quick and on time in a nicely packaged parcel with the big bottle of balsam and two sponges. Applied it on my lambskin leather jacket. Tried it on the inner part of the jacket first. Slightly darkened the leather but not patchy as long as you apply a thin and even layer. Waterproofed it. Some people have said never to apply wax on lambskin jackets because it will "clog the pores", but I'd rather have a weatherproof jacket than one which gets wet often and would possibly spoil much easily. I'm very satisfied with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I try this sooner? 10 out of 10, 25 Jan. 2013
Mr P Langley (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
I have got to start by saying that I wasn't even aware of this product until very recently. I tried it our of curiosity, after watching a short clip posted by the company on Youtube. It seemed to nourish and soften old leather with a wipe of cloth. I have only tried this on three items so far, a pair of Scarpa SL walking boots, a leather sofa, and a leather laptop bag. What is difference it makes! It restores the colour of the leather, provides a very waterproof finish, and nourishes the leather to make it soft and supple to the touch. It is quite a large pot, and I have hardly made a dent in the surface. A little goes a long way it seems.

When I first noticed the price, I thought to myself that it seemed a bit more than I really wanted to pay. Don't let this put you off, it is a big tub, and you get the sense that it will last many years.

I am not surprised that there are over sixty people giving this a 5 star rating. I would highly recommend Renapur to anyone looking to take care of their leather items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for car seats, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
Delighted with this tub, I actually bought leather cleaner too but it wasn't needed - i just wiped it down and applied Renapur. The car seats were 30 years old and I imagine had never been treated. They're not exactly brand new but you get the feeling they'll last a lot longer now, they're not brittle and feel like they won't crack. The residue isn't sticky or waxy either which is a huge plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply AMAZING!, 17 Mar. 2012
D. Ballantyne (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
What can I say - WOW! - Forget the Rest Renapur IS the best!

I purchased this product based upon the reviews here at Amazon, for the purpose of conditioning my large 6 seat corner sofa. Initially you might think that the product is quite expensive, but when they say "use sparingly" they really mean it.

The package comes with two small sponges, and you simply apply a little and work it into the leather with a circular motion. The smallest amount is enough to do one entire cushion and Renapur has a pleasant almost vanilla like odour.

The results are instant and amazing. The leather becomes instantly more soft, with a nice glow to it. Several weeks later and the sofa still looks like the day that I polished it. I would anticipate I would probably be looking at repeating the process about once every 6 months to keep the leather in tip-top shape.

Due to it's bees way and Jojoba oil base, Renapur has the added bonus of increasing the protection of the leather against spills.

Would I recommend this product - MOST DEFINITELY. Reanpur is simply the best leather care I have ever used, and Renapur has just won itself another new customer for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed my old jacket, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml (Kitchen & Home)
I bought a very old rather sad looking leather jacket from a charity shop for £10. All the panels were different colours of dark brown, large dull patches and greasy looking shiny areas at cuffs and collar, but for £10....?. I looked at the reviews for this Renapur stuff and decided it was worth a go, even though it doubled the cost of the jacket!

What a transformation! The dull patches now have a nice sheen, the greasy patches have disappeared and look exactly the same as the rest, and the colour is the same all over. And where the edges of the pockets and collar were curling they now lie flat and sleek. Amazing. It took about an hour and a half to apply, rubbing it carefully in with the sponge supplied, and I used about half the pot.

One caveat: they warn you it might darken the colour, and in my case it did (maybe it was this colour originally and it faded? I don't know). In fact it went almost black at first but over the last two days it has slowly changed and ended up a very nice dark brown. I now have a very nice £300 jacket for about £20!

Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml