5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story
Absolutely beautiful story about the importance of friendship and sticking together. When Max is captures by some mean hunters, his best friends Burly and Max don't doubt for a minute that they'll save him. Together they embark on a breathtaking and at times hilarious adventure to save both Max and their beloved secret city.

I found this book not only inspiring...
Published on 5 Nov. 2011 by Scott

1.0 out of 5 stars A burly and grim tale
It was rubbish I think it is the world's most rubbish book ever I would never recommend this book to anyone.
Published on 12 Jan. 2013 by Nat

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, 5 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Burly & Grum and the Secret City (A Burly and Grum Tale Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

I found this book not only inspiring but also cute and extremely well written. The author has a magical way with words that made the story come to life. The characters weren't just characters in my head; I could picture them before my eyes, I laughed with them and experienced their tension and joy. I absolutely adored this story and can't believe it's free. A great read not just for kids but also for the young at heart. Thoroughly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 29 Dec. 2012
I really enjoyed Beyond The Forest so was delighted to see a second book involving the main characters Burly and Grum. They are as funny and warm as before and the new characters are beautifully described. You just want to keep reading to find out what happens and the story flows really well. The Secret City stands well on it's own, you don't need to have read the first one to know what is going on, but I would highly recommend that you do as they are great fun. They are great stories to read aloud and adults will enjoy them as much as the children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully the first of many, 26 Mar. 2012
Burly & Grum and The Secret City is a fantastic book from a sure-to-be successful author. Its colourful characters and mischievous humour are great for both kids and big kids alike.

The Secret City was my first Burly and Grum book and I instantly loved Grum and the other Groblins, as well as the devious villains. The brilliant illustrations also make me laugh - my favourite involves Burly, a dart and some ducks. I actually got so hooked on this book, I read it in one go on the train to Birmingham.

I quickly tracked down the others: Beyond The Forest (a great intro to the series) and The Birthday Surprise (still reading this at the mo). Great book, Kate - I hope there are more to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic escape, 19 Aug. 2011
Another wonderfully written book by Kate Tenbeth.
Gently humorous and continuing the story of the friends in a new adventure. I was thoroughly immersed in the story, yet again, enjoying an escape back to my childhood.
I shall be adding this to my pile of books to read to great neice and nephews and for my future grandchild. An absolute must read. I shall return to this book when I need an uplifting period!
When's the next one coming out and when will the film be made?

Hope that there's plans for a Burly and Grum fan club?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan. 2013
Very happy!! This was downloaded for my daughter who loves reading, and she really enjoyed this book.
Bonus it was in with the free books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking tale from Burly and Grum, 16 Mar. 2013
Loved it! What a fantastic duo, Burly and Grum, and of course let's not forget Max!. Kate Tenbeth has created an absorbing adventure for children aged 5 to 9/10 years. Wonderfully illustrated and full of fabulous description. Your children will love this series. And the best bit, (quoting Kate Tenbeth) 'because you have kind enough to buy this book, I will give a donation to the Born Free Foundation'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Burly and.grin and the secretcity, 7 Jan. 2013
I really enjoyed this book it was great thank you for your book. It is cool I enjoyed it at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great childrens read, 22 Jan. 2013
My 5 year old absolutely loved this story when I read it at bed time. Very interesting for a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 5 Mar. 2013
It is a very good book I couldn't but it down I am just blown away it is just amazing fab

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully crafted sequel, 25 July 2011
The charming adventures of Burly and Grum continue is this beautifully crafted sequel. Again, the story is infused with gentle humour that will have you chuckling as you read, and the illustrations capture the characters and mood perfectly. I don't even have kids and I'm looking forward to the third story. There will be a third story, won't there?!