4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. wood is up to no good...
I received my first Goosebumps book for my seventh birthday in 1997, and I was hooked from then on, I recently found my huge collection of Goosebumps in my loft and remembered how they got me into reading.

One of the books I hadn't read as a child, was Night of the living dummy, and so I bought it for my kindle!

Even being 21 I enjoyed this book, and...
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by Mr Torrance

2.0 out of 5 stars Living dolls
Kris' sister Lindy is into ventriloquism and Kris is jealous of the attention she gets. She decides she wants her own dummy. But when she does, weird things start happening. Could it be the dummy?

I've never cared much for stories about living dolls. This one is no exception. The story and the ending is nice enough, though, if you like that sort of thing.
Published on 8 Mar 2010 by Artemis

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. wood is up to no good..., 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Classic Goosebumps #1: Night of the Living Dummy (Kindle Edition)

Even being 21 I enjoyed this book, and the idea of Ventriloquist dummies coming to life is creepy to anyone! The book has the usually brilliant twists and turns that goosebumps books are famous for, and the way that Mr. Wood is finished off is brilliant!

Reading this as an adult, the only annoying things were the over use of the word "totally!" (but this is a book aimed at american kids, so we can let that slide) and the fact that Lindy got away taking the joke to far.

This isn't the scariest Goosebumps book (the scariest book is welcome to the dead house) but it has the most famous goosebumps character... Slappy the dummy!

Also, incase you didn't know, they made a goosebumps TV series, which you can watch on youtube and watch Slappy the dummy running riot for real!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic and easily readable., 17 April 2012
Angelo "RHtonyflowCP" (Crawley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I used to read and watch Goosebumps by the ton when I was younger and only recently thought about the first horror that got me initiated and addicted to my favourite genre.

Of course, I found this beauty which was one of the first I'd read. Reading it now, it's nostalgic and for someone who might be reading for the first time with reading difficulties, its a perfect way to learn.

I'd highly reccomend it to fans or to those who want an interesting and easy read. Mind you, it is a very short book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing horrifying book!!;), 10 Nov 2013
It scared my son really bad and I was a bit scared too!This book is amazing you should read this horrifying book!!;)

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC, 25 May 2013
I think this book was epic but it was one of my faverout books that I have read so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Night of the living dummy by R.L. Stine, 26 Dec 2012
I chose this book because it looked exiting, I was right it is a fantastic Book. I gave it a 5 star rating.

I liked everything about this book, the thrills were the best bit. When Mr wood grabbed barky by the neck, I knew Mr wood was going to strangle barky, but Lindy and Kris saved barky.

I would recommend this book to my friend Kathie Mark because she loves scary stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of Goosebumps series, 16 Jun 2012
This book is one of the best books, if not the best, of the Goosebumps series. I read it when I was young and now I bought it again to relive tha anxiety and thrill I had encountered the first time. I would recommend it to everyone, especially to Goosebumps fans who haven't read it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 14 Oct 2008
I am 10 and this book was so cool i am on my mums account i got all of goosebumps and this is my fave so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars terrifying!, 2 Nov 2006
Birdman (Astbury, Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The night of the living dummy (horror)

This book is about two twins and one of them finds a ventriloquist dummy in a dumpster and decides to save it, so she says. Then strange and scary thing start to happen. Is the dummy coming alive or is it just a coincidence that the dummy slapped Kris on the face or has the creepy dummies wish come true? Other strange scary things start to happen and it couldn't be the dummy's fault, could it? This book is bone chilling and you are bound to go screaming out of your wits. What will they do, will they died from a terrible death or will they defeat the evil ventriloquist dummy. Who knows? You have to read it to find out. (know wonder the dummy was in a dumpster) if you liked this story then the ideal book for you will be SAY CHEESE AND DIE) you should also look out for all the Goosebumps books. They are bound to make you scream. These reviews have been done by 10 and 11 year olds

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Steven King!!!!!, 10 July 2004
I've seen the hole trilogy on video and read it and its just plain scary! i'm only 11 and am writing a horror book.(please reccomend me as a seller and writer) (i'm using my mums e-mail address) exellent book i love zombies and horror so i know this is class.

4.0 out of 5 stars You should always expect the unexpected!, 13 May 1999
By A Customer
Not one of Stine's best, but still worthy of a read. It is about a dummy that comes alive, when you least expect it. It certainly isn't one of Stine's scariest books, but it still manages to send a shiver down your spine. If you are new to horror, this will break you in gently! Reviewed by Year 6 The Hoily Family School, Addlesrone.