5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for bored housewifes!
If you are totally happy in a relationship and think infidelity is deplorable under any circumstances, please do not buy or read this book because you are likely to dislike the main character, Sadie, intensely. If however, you have ever had an affair, been tempted to have an affair, or are just a bored and frustrated housewife who, despite having adorable kids, wishes...
Published on 16 Aug. 2009 by Laura C

2.0 out of 5 stars This isn't my thing
I love all the other Lucy Diamond books I've read, but I couldn't get past the first few chapters of this one. The heroine doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. Being a mum myself I recognise that motherhood isn't a bed of roses, but her attitude doesn't make enjoyable reading. Perhaps the book picks up later on, but I don't want to spend my precious time trying...
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by dawnydancer

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Any Way You Want Me? Any, Time, Any Place Lucy!, 13 April 2007
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
This is one of those books I desperately didn't want to end because I was enjoying it so much, but couldn't bear waiting to find out what would happen! I read it in two days flat, during which my poor boyfriend (who I think was regretting giving it to me as an Easter pressie) hardly got a sound out of me. Well, apart from gasps of shock, and out-loud-laughs to the point he got so annoyed he turned the telly up until I left the room.

I really don't want to spoil it, but its about Sadie, a mum with a young family who remembers she is still attractive and interesting, gets suspicious her man isn't to be trusted, gets back in touch with an old lover from the past, and gets a hell of a lot more than she bargained for too!

There's just the right mix of humour and feel-good, shock, sadness and plot-twists all written in a really engaging believable way right to the very the satisfying end.

I'd recommend it to anyone - I even persuaded my boyfriend to read it and he is enjoying it, though I did catch him flipping through it for the fabulously saucy sex scenes, but I probably can't talk about them on Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down but..., 4 April 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
A quick read but a bit like watching a car crash in slow motion as the main character leaps from one bad decision to another! I love Lucy Diamond books, this wasn't my favourite but I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 30 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
A good book certainly makes your holiday go better and this was one of three in my suitcase that added some extra sunshine whilst I was sprawled on the beach. Yes it's about a woman having an affair but it's not saying 'go out and have one, it's fun'it's a very cleverly done astute portrait of how one can hanker after your old exciting life when the mundane family thing hits you - and anyone with kids will associate with that, me included (all those resentments!) The leading lady just takes it one step further and I felt very 'fly on the wall' reading it because I expected a great car smash to her life. Have to say though it all felt very 'real' and, I'll bet, a parallel to many a true life. As for the ending - very satisfying, which is always the best sign of a good book. Yes, happy to recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good job i read this last as in my opinion ..., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
Have read all Lucy diamond's books now. Good job i read this last as in my opinion not her best. Took a while for me to get into this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
From the start of the affairs started to dislike the character and didn't enjoy the book as much as I thought I would

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual good read by Lucy Diamond, 31 Aug. 2014
R. ghali "christineG" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
Not the usual good read by Lucy Diamond. felt is was a little explicit and sordid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Any Way You Want Me, 30 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
I love Lucy Diamond as a writer, but I found myself to be thoroughly out of love with Any Way You Want Me. The blurb of the novel suggests that the main plot of the book centres upon Sadie's ficticious internet profile, but I found this to have had only the smallest part to play in the novel. I also thought that Sadie was a very selfish character. I am not a mother myself, but my mum gave up a wonderful job as a midwife to be a good mum to my sister and I, and she says that it was her duty as a mother to do that. Sadie seemed to be completely devastated that she had to make these sacrifices, but I think that it should be obvious to any mother that she has to give things up to make life better for her children. She also appears willing to lose the love of her life because she is so bored of their life that she willingly has an affair. She should have realised when her first child was born that the passion in a relationship needs to go out of the window because the child should come first. If she was so unhappy with her life, she should have looked more closely at her sister Lizzie's failed relationship, and decided that 1) her life wasn't actually all that bad and 2) she didn't want her life to go down the toilet in that way. Any Way You Want Me's saving grace was that it was well-written, which is why it has two stars and not one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book by this author that I have read. The first (The Beach Cafe) was a lovely tale and I thought all get books would be similar. I was wrong. It is obvious from the beginning that not everything was rosy in the lives of the main couple but I really didn't see what was coming.
This story lacked the warmth of the other and while I don't agree with infidelity I do understand it can happen. This issue and the other "difficult" topics are explored sensitively.
Not a holiday read and probably best read in summer (winter is depressing anyway) but I'd you have read others by Lucy it is worth a look but it is not the easiest of reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra marital meltdown, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
A compelling read even though I could feel no empathy for Sadie, the main character. When is an affair justified?

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing ?, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
Lost off ... half way through after a quick hug in the marital home when Alex comes home drunk .... it then skips to a dinner party with the sister ??? Most disappointing :-(

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›