5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for bored housewifes!
Published on 16 Aug 2009 by Laura C

2.0 out of 5 stars This isn't my thing
Published on 11 Dec 2012 by dawnydancer

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for bored housewifes!, 16 Aug 2009
Laura C (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
If you are totally happy in a relationship and think infidelity is deplorable under any circumstances, please do not buy or read this book because you are likely to dislike the main character, Sadie, intensely. If however, you have ever had an affair, been tempted to have an affair, or are just a bored and frustrated housewife who, despite having adorable kids, wishes there was a spark of wild sexuality in her life, then you will absolutely love this book. It is beautifully and sympathetically written and readers with young children won't fail to compare themselves to Sadie in one way or another. Reading of her day to day activities brought back so many memories of when my own children were the age of those in the book, and I remember feeling just as frumpy and frustrated with life as Sadie. Fortunately, not many of us meet a handsome man at a dinner party who seduces us into an affair, but I can still understand how Sadie would have got carried along with the moment. Those readers who found Sadie spoilt, selfish and self absorbed should note that she paid the consequences for her actions, and may she be a warning for anyone who finds themselves similarly tempted. A thoroughly enjoyable book with equal measures of humour and anguish, I couldn't wait to pick it up and find out what happened next.

2.0 out of 5 stars This isn't my thing, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
I love all the other Lucy Diamond books I've read, but I couldn't get past the first few chapters of this one. The heroine doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. Being a mum myself I recognise that motherhood isn't a bed of roses, but her attitude doesn't make enjoyable reading. Perhaps the book picks up later on, but I don't want to spend my precious time trying to find out. Sorry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
This book is essentially about a spoilt,selfish,simple, immature girl who is bored with her partner and 2 little children,not mature enough to have children but still wishes she was a single party girl.

Whilst parts of it were enjoyable I found it quite basic. The idea is a good one but I think it could have been explored in much more depth.The ending was also disappointing,too quick and with happy ever after an unrealistic, easy get out for the main character despite all she had done.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't enjoy it., 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
I'm afraid to say that I didn't enjoy this book at all. I have read two other books by this Author
and thoroughly enjoyed them.
I lost sympathy for Sadie when she continued her affair while still breast feeding her baby. Wouldn't recommend this book but would recommend you try other books by Lucy Diamond.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 27 Jan 2012
Frances Hynd (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
This is the second Lucy Diamond book I have read and absolutely loved it. The characters are all easy to identify with and the detail in the writing makes it feel very real. The story looks at the issues of infidelity and people's attitudes and behaviours around this topic - not just for Sadie but for other characters in the story too. Putting the main character as the adulterer allows exploration of the issue in detail and enables the reader to see that Sadie is not a bad person - she is only human and has lost her way and identity after becoming a full time mother. This is reflected in her scatter-gun approach to inventing a new more exciting life which starts off as a bit of fun and gets out of control. Despite the serious topic this is a fun read but also had me in floods of tears in places as I empathised not only with Sadie but some of the other characters as well. A good realistic story with laughs and tears along the way - just like life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fun!, 15 Sep 2010
I am from the United States and happened upon my first Lucy Diamond
book in Girbraltar. I am so happy to have found this amazing, funny and brilliant author. This book felt so real. I felt just like I was the character,(Minus the affair). Lucy hit every womens thoughts and feelings perfectly. This book made me laugh out loud. I think I was holding my breath a few times. Anyone, especially moms will feel this character. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait until Lucy's next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 27 July 2010
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
Wasn't sure I was going to like it when I first started reading it but totally loved it! A real page turner that I found hard to put down. This is the first book that I've read by Lucy Diamond but will defiantly read her others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, sexy and fun!, 5 Mar 2008
Michelle Moore (Dartford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
At the start of this book, I was expecting pretty standard 'chick lit', but by the end it had became much more, and I was finding it hard to put it down.

Most mums with young children will be able to identify with parts of Sadie's character, and will find themselves nodding, laughing, and possibly even crying. Although I didn't particularly agree with some of her actions, I could at least understand where she was coming from, and what pushed her.

I also enjoyed her relationships with her sisters and friends, which brought us more characters to identify with.

With some unexpected twists, and a believable ending, Lucy Diamond is a fun, sexy author, and I'm looking forward to her next offering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish!, 15 Nov 2014
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading Beach Café which was my first book from Lucy Diamond, so I thought I would read this one. I don't usually read the reviews until after I have read the book mainly because some, I find end up telling you about the story which ruins it. Unfortunately, I really wish I had read the reviews and it would have saved me wasting my time reading this. What a load of rubbish, I liked Sadie but as the story unfolded I became more irritated by how selfish she was and I actually skipped a number of chapters to get to the last chapter. Very disappointing for how this book finished. Well, I will not be wasting my time reading any more of Lucy's books regardless of reviews saying this one is the worst, back to my crime thrillers I think.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible characters and lazy ending, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Any Way You Want Me (Paperback)
Other people have described the plot of this book so I won't go into that. However, I can't believe people have given this 5 stars and find the main character sympathetic! She is a woman who, with virtually no reason that is given within the book, drops her knickers and risks her entire relationship and family life for a really horrible, creepy man. I kept thinking a 'good' reason for this infidelity might come up but no, she is just a horrible character, incredibly selfish and hard to empathise with. At the end it all seemed very rushed and a very boring conclusion was reached. Didn't enjoy it at all and haven't actively disliked a character in a book quite so much before.

Any Way You Want Me