on 29 August 2010
I don't usually read these kind of books, but I saw it in the library and was so interested in what I was reading I had to buy my own copy.
I thought I knew so much about some of these celebrity murders, but the insights you get from the authors shows you it all from a different angle.
The one which I remember most was the Vic Morrow death (and the 2 kids) on the set of The Twilight Zone. I always thought it was just an accident, not knowing it was an accident which could have been avoided. And that safety has to be paramount in whatever you do.
The authors don't waste a single word, they don't rely on sensationalism just the facts. As with the Marvin Gaye muder, I never knew some of the facts that have since come out in USA as to why it happened and how it happened. It covers Marilyn Monroe and JFK, John Lennon, Sharon Tate, and lesser known murders of people who we recognise from movies but really knew nothing about such as Sal Mineo (Rebel Without a Cause)
I found it felt in parts like I was a voyeur, and it felt uncomfortable to be reading it, but in the end it was a good book. I would recommend it
on 29 March 2014
Love this book, very interesting cases. Some that I'd never heard of before. Highly recommended to true crime book enthusiasts.
on 24 April 2014
I enjoyed this book and found it interesting. Some of the cases discussed I was familiar with, others I wasn't. Many sad stories and not all concluded with the person responsible being caught
on 30 September 2014
This book gives plenty of factual tidings concerning celebrity deaths some known and some rare. The insight into each case is well researched and also gives some detailed conspiracy theories which make you look at each case with an alternative slant.

The detailing of how the press handled each case is what keeps this book fascinating and gives this book the much appreciative slant that most books of this ilk do not have.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book as it was one that I could not put down. even the cases I thought I knew a lot about gave me new facts to pondered. Well written and absolute gem.
on 22 April 2014
Very absorbing read,telling of grisly and fascinating murders of well known stars and celebs and the twisted characters of some of these.
on 12 June 2014
A great read with facts that I hadnt heard of before. Would recommend as it doesnt base its self on conspiracy theories or hear say.
on 22 June 2014
I found this book both interesting and a joy to read. I would recommend it to anyone interested in this subject
on 14 May 2014
I like to know how the criminal mind works, and what drives them to kill, and the steps taken to catch them
on 22 September 2014
entertaining read, some you may know about already, but with extra information on them which is satisfying, without going on too long. i would not want an entire book about any of the people, but a chapter each is about right. still shocking that human beings want to end another persons life.
on 24 March 2014
This was quite an enjoyable read, if a little repetitive. There are a lot of details in the book and it is well written. There are a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes however and this did diminish my enjoyment a little.