5.0 out of 5 stars el Sahara
My Spanish is at beginner/intermediate level so I had to look up a lot of vocabulary, but I still enjoyed the story and I increased my vocabulary. I enjoy reading and find that this is a good way to supplement the lessons I have in my Spanish class. For people who enjoy reading I would recommend this book and I would like to read more in this series.
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by Scooby

3.0 out of 5 stars Learners of Spanish beware
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by Pauline

3.0 out of 5 stars Learners of Spanish beware, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: La puerta al Sahara (for learners of Spanish) (Novels for learning foreign languages nş 3) (Spanish Edition) (Kindle Edition)
This is a reasonably interesting short story about 2 American sisters taking a trip into the Sahara. I am an intermediate to advanced reader of Spanish and found the the text easy to follow. I have Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Translation Dictionary, Kindle Edition installed on my Kindle which helps with the occasional word I need to look up. (You have to change the default dictionary on the Kindle when reading Spanish text to use the dictionary).
I say learners beware as the book could really do with some serious proof reading. There are grammatical errors every couple of pages. My Spanish partner reading the pages over my shoulder was seriously concerned that I was reading something so filled with errors.
If you have a good level of Spanish you will spot them so it will be good practice. A teacher using this book might ask the students to spot the errors and report back as an exercise.
If you are keen to practice your Spanish though don't let it put you off for the price it is ok and the level at least means you get to read something to practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars el Sahara, 23 Jan 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Present tense. Pleasant if not engaging., 8 Oct 2013
David Castell (London) - See all my reviews
The book is written in the first person using the present tense to describe the past. There is a bit of other tenses thrown in as well. I'd previously read Anabela Por Siempre (first person, past), La Rosa de los vientos (third person past) and Capitan de los vientos (third person, past). So this book helped me exercise a slightly different area of the language.

I didn't find the plot or descriptions as engaging as the other books but if you download a sample and find that it stretches you a bit then it will entertain you whilst you learn more Spanish.

3.0 out of 5 stars easy one, 19 May 2014
this book it is for less upper beginners in spanish, story it s very simple, it s not a book, it s a short story

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed reading, 5 May 2014
I have really enjoyed reading this book. I am intermediate level. In our classes we are encouraged to read.
The books that Christine Tiday has written are easy and have good storylines,
Good way to enhance your vocab.

4.0 out of 5 stars Early Spanish Learner, 27 Feb 2014
No more nor less than expected. Ideal for my level of early learning basic Spanish. No need for further comment

3.0 out of 5 stars Intermediate spanish, 22 Jan 2014
I think this book would be ideal for gcse level Spanish students but is too easy for intermediate or advanced level (AS/A).

5.0 out of 5 stars the sands of time, 21 Nov 2013
I couldnt sleep one night and then I remembered that my Kindle was on the dressing table so I sat by the bedside light and read the story. I absolutely loved it because it was written in a very straightforward, comprehensive style and I didn't need to keep referring to the Spanish/ English dictionary. I will have to research the writer, I definitely will buy more of her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for simple spanish, 2 Sep 2013
Mr. D. W. Smith (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
I depends on your level of Spanish. This one suited mine. I will look for more similar books to read

5.0 out of 5 stars great dual reader, 8 May 2013
What a great experience for reading and learning spanish at the same time. Have told my friends about it in the class