5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable
Willow Cross
Rise of the Demons
Oceans of Red Volume One

Oceans of Red is a novella series loosely based around the Mayan 2012 prophecy with a kick from the author's wild imagination.

Published on 20 Oct. 2012 by Claire Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars I want more...
This is a seriously well-written story and the only problem I have is that it is way too short - hence the three stars rather than five!

This story introduces us to Remy and her family. They are engaged in a war against demons who are taking over the world. Her father commands the anti-demon ranks and things are about to heat up...

A great...
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by Daisytrike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 20 Oct. 2012
Willow Cross
Rise of the Demons
Oceans of Red Volume One

By 2015 the streets of Los Angeles have been transformed from a thriving metropolis to a hostile world ravaged by demons bent on assimilating the human race.

The Resistance is led by Admiral Martin, and his children, 19 year old Remy, along with her older brother Greg and younger sister Shane join in the daily fight for survival from the total apocalypse of humanity. Inner turmoil is also a daily fight for Remy, and her hate of the creatures that took her mum from them keeps her focused on each mission (though following orders is often a problem).

A short paranormal read, this book had me gripped from the start and I soon found myself lost in the storyline. Willow Cross has a great writing style, and the reader is easily drawn into the lives of each of the characters. The concept may sound similar to many other books around, but this fresh spin puts this book on a completely different level to the others.

I'm now really looking forward to reading Volume Two, Demon Evolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginning to a potentially gripping brilliant series!, 18 Oct. 2012
MY REVIEW
I downloaded this e-book Free from Amazon.co.uk. the story really revolves around three siblings, Greg the eldest and male and Remy the eldest sister with Shane being the youngest. Whereas Greg and Remy are more physical fighters within the apocalypse aftermath, Shane is a biochemist who discovers new drugs to help the fighters to fight against the superior strength of the demons. Greg and Remy have been on many missions against the demons but only seem to be keeping them at bay slightly rather than winning the battle against them. The man in charge a former army man, an Admiral is stubborn in his plans, and to make matters even more awkward for Remy and Greg he is their father. Obviously the Admiral doesn't want to allow his children on the missions but he has to as they insist and are two of his best fighters. He cannot bear the thought of losing any one of them. You see his wife, the mother to Greg, Remy and Shane was possessed by the demons and her own daughter Remy had to kill her. Remy still has nightmares about that day.
There is a dangerous way to infiltrate the demons, can Greg and Remy do it alone or do they need the knowledge and drugs their younger sister has access to? Will any of them escape alive?
Well the mission goes ahead and it is discovered that Remy is "special" but how? Well Remy cannot be possessed by the demons no matter how hard they try her body/mind repels them out. Remy meets a man named Daelen wilst she is undercover infiltrating the demons, but who or what is Daelen that he is not possessed? Does he work for the demons? Can he be trusted? And what does he mean when he tells Remy she is special?
Wow this novella is fast paced, with plenty of action and danger within it. I was immediately attached to the siblings and their bravery and need to do something about the Demon problem. I also loved their feeling for one another, the "petty" sibling rivalry and the "would do anything for each other" The ending is a really good cliff hanger moment of "Will Remy break the lockdown rule and venture outside to meet Daelen?"
Also the Demon master Lilith is now aware that Remy is "special", that Shane is Remy's sibling. So the demons will be on the lookout for Greg, Remy and Shane now. There is a very risky mission that could tip things to favour the humans, will the admiral allow his three children to undertake it?
So did I enjoy the book? Yes, a lot! Would I recommend the book? Yes, am going to recommend it to my daughter now! Would I read more of this series? Yes I have to know what happens next! Would I read more by Willow Cross? I plan too, yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this book!!! It is filled with lots of action and cought my atintion right off the bat. I really started to love it with Daelen came into the story!! I hope book 2 has alot more of him. And for Remy she is fixing to go into a world she knew nothing about... I can't wait to see what is in book 2 Demon Evolution.

3.0 out of 5 stars I want more..., 29 Dec. 2012
Daisytrike (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)

A great introduction but far too short for my liking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed supernatural, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)
I love love love it! Well done Willow Cross. Even though the story is short, it's brimming with action and emotion from the first word. I was hooked and finished it within a couple of hours! I couldn't put it down. I felt the characters were well thought out and the story felt new and fresh. A worthy villain also made it better to relate to! I could see this being a film! It was brilliant and cannot wait to read number two!

I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Enjoyable, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)
To start off this book is a very quick read. It jumps right into action and doesn't stop until the end. When Remy is introduced she's center of all the action. At first it was hard for me to get into and understand what was happening. It didn't dawn on me until toward the end that life on earth as we know it now is over within Oceans of Red.

The plot was nicely thought out and the characters are likeable. I liked the relationship that Remy has with her older brother and younger sister. I didn't like how there's no background to help set the environment for the reader. When I am reading I like to picture the world in the book but this one lacked description to the new world.

The book ends a little too abruptly for my liking. I would have liked to see a bit more added it before it cut off. It felt like it was right in the middle of a scene. This is why I'm giving this book four stars. I think it's a good read and has me wanting to find out. So it seems that I need to read volume two to figure out what happens in the last scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to reading more!, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)
Now here's a great short story! A bit different from what I've been reading, but really good nonetheless! :) It's always nice to mix it up a bit!! =) I'm looking forward to reading more about Remy & her siblings taking on the demon invading humans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oceans of Red Volume One by Willow Cross, 23 Oct. 2012
Oceans of Red
Volume One by Willow Cross

Reme's world changed. Creatures that possess the living and call themselves Demons are taking over the people of Earth. She and her siblings are part of a small army trying to fight and hold to their humanity. Some say it is a virus, others a possession. The creatures call themselves Demons but no one really knows what they are. The three siblings need t o find out more and create a plan to move against the Demons. They risk each other on a chance to get information allowing themselves to become infected they try to gain information from the Demon creatures. Only when Reme goes she can't be infected. Now she has to find out why. Who is the Druid Daelen and what does he know about her. You're going to have to read and find out.
Again Willow Cross creates a story that draws you in and leads you into another world. Pick up your own copy and begin the journey on the Oceans of Red.
Bella Doerres Ma/ Ed

5.0 out of 5 stars Arg!! to be continued.... :-), 21 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)
To be honest this isn't a book I would have chosen based on the cover alone. I read a few of the reviews and I knew it was free so I figured no harm if I'm not a fan. Well this book was awesome! Rem, Greg and Shane are incredible! Their love and worry for each other and each have their own abilities so everyone brings a strength the others don't have. I LOVED that Oceans of Red Vol1 has gone beyond werewolves and vampires fae and witches. This book has brought a whole new element to the table.... Demons! I was bummed that their dad was such a hard ass after the joke he made with Rem in the beginning but as the book continued on I see what he's lost. His children are all he has left and he's an Admiral so yea I guess I would be that way too lol. I loved the storyline and the fighting scenes they were really brought to life by the writer. My biggest problem with this book was IT WAS TO BE CONTINUED!!! I read that and was like "no way!" But the second volume is out so I am going to jump into that as soon as I'm off here eeeek! Happy reading all

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE PLEASE, 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Oceans of Red Volume One (Kindle Edition)
I found this book quite exciting, it is based around a trio of siblings, who are living in a time where the end of the world is near. Although a short book this was action packed and had me hooked from the start. This is a new take on paranormal, and it is definitely worth reading. I cannot wait wait for the second in this series to find out how the trio get on and what they face next. Willow Cross is an excellent writer and I can't wait to read more of her work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›