5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling Thriller.
I've read work from the author previously and have been impressed by her ability to hold a reader's interest and bring a story to fulfilment. I was keen to read this book as it is in my own genre and I had high expectations. I've been immensely impressed. Gloria is a magnificent creation; cunning and vindictive - occasionally with good reason, but most people wouldn't...
Published on 5 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A Worthwhile Read
Although this novel is not quite the body-count thriller one would expect from the product description (most of the murders mentioned in it are backstory, and barely sketched-out in the book itself) and the plot is fairly routine, it has other attractions to recommend it to readers.

It is an interesting story competently written in plain, clear language, and...
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by Polly Dactyl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cracker, 1 Feb 2012
J Goudie "Jomitzi" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as a freebie and, boy, what a great read it was. I like a good thriller and this was no exception. It was a great example of how life runs away with you and sometimes you can find yourself in situations you would never have wished for. The character of Gloria was scary but very believable and I was dreading how she would get what she wanted. It was tension all the way and I couldnt wait to see if it all worked out alright.
A cracking book with great characters and nervy plot, I loved it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't meet my expectations, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
I started this book because I thought it looked creepy (from the name and front cover). The book failed to creep me out and I don't think it lived up to the blurb which sounded thrilling. I was sad to find the ending anticlimactic.

3.0 out of 5 stars First book that I have read by this author., 10 April 2013
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
Found the book a little immature and improbable. I dont think that I would be tempted to read another of her books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
I did look forward to reading this, the reviews were quite promising but I have to admit I found it very predictable and 'boring', could not even finish this book which is unusual for me. I had to flick to the last paragraph just to read the conclusion as I could not be bothered to finish the book properly, not my cup of tea at all but each to there own.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was this supposed to be thrilling?, 12 Jun 2012
Jane Tennyson (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
The thrill factor just wasn't there for me and the main character is right boring. She's nasty, nasty, and has no redeeming features at all. The back story tells us that she had a bad experience as a child, but I had no empathy towards her at all. She was overly evil and badly written. No twists and turns, no other threads - predictable and dull. None of the other cast had any backbone and the whole story felt forced.

Sorry not impressed and there were a few typos to contend with as well, which ordinarily wouldn't bother me, but oddly with this author, it did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would have been much better as a short story, 25 Jan 2012
daunty (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
After reading the reviews of this book I was disappointed, it was way too long and reading about Gloria was depressing. This had the basis of being a good plot so it could have been so much better. It needed to focus in more depth on Gloria's earlier life and the other murders. I was bored with it, not enough twists and turns. I think this would have been so much better if it had been much shorter and was just a short story. Glad I downloaded it for free.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›