5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling Thriller.
I've read work from the author previously and have been impressed by her ability to hold a reader's interest and bring a story to fulfilment. I was keen to read this book as it is in my own genre and I had high expectations. I've been immensely impressed. Gloria is a magnificent creation; cunning and vindictive - occasionally with good reason, but most people wouldn't...
Published on 5 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A Worthwhile Read
Although this novel is not quite the body-count thriller one would expect from the product description (most of the murders mentioned in it are backstory, and barely sketched-out in the book itself) and the plot is fairly routine, it has other attractions to recommend it to readers.

It is an interesting story competently written in plain, clear language, and...
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by Polly Dactyl

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
Not your average serial killer, in fact the deaths were glossed over, but a good story line none the less.

Worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars E equals evil equals Gloria, 26 April 2012
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
"L-O-V-E. L . . . loathsome, O . . . obese, V . . . vicious or vile, vile is a more suitable word for her, I think, E . . . elephant? No, elephants are nice, egotist, no - evil. E equals evil." - The Doll Collection

A gripping psychological thriller that had me wanting to warn the hapless Maurice at every turn about what he'd got himself into. Though Maurice is the protagonist in the story, the manipulating and conniving Gloria is the centre of attention, but then she wouldn't have it any other way.

Gloria, the doll collector of the title, is the embodiment of evil. I don't think I've ever despised a character as much as I did her.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
I was really hooked on this book from the first chapter and was blown away how the story unfolded. I think if this was made into a film you need Cathy Bates to play Gloria as I pictured Cathy every time Gloria was featured. Thank you for a great read for the new year!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Gloria, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
What a nasty, nasty character Gloria is. But brilliant. I loved her to bits. I was a little disappointed with the end of the storey, as I wanted Gloria to go on and on with her stupid stupid take on normal peoples life. Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
Wasn't sure at the beginning but as I carried on reading IT picked up pace and I couldn't wait to see what happened to the characters. Will definitely look up other books by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
Would read it again it was that good going to read more off Joanna s books so get writing pleaze

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 9 Dec 2012
A. Harrison - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
Read this book as one of my first on my new kindle a few months ago. It's not edge of your seat stuff, but if you like books about strange people with sinister motives and ideas, this creepy and atmospheric book is for you. Well worth a read, especially as it's free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously dark..., 29 Nov 2012
Noel Lynch (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
An unusual perspective on sadistic domination, this story is brimming with menace. Telling a story of manipulation and blatant bullying from the victim's perspective may be nothing new you may be thinking, but the perpetrator in this instance is a calculating, calous, femme noire...
Great read

4.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly good, 11 April 2012
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
I down loaded this as a freebie, not really expecting much as the reviews are so mixed. But as I got into the story I was more and more impressed. It had echoes of Ruth Rendall. What I mean by this is that RR is a master at creating dysfunctional characters with a plethora of 'issues' and believe me, Gloria has plenty! Like RR characters she is very believable too. You just cringe at her attempts to fit in, and feel for the poor boyfriend as she bulldozes him into submission. But whilst its fairly scary, and you do want to know what becomes of all the cast, its not got that creeping under your skin chilling factor that a good suspense should have, but its a good start, and I think with more practise the author will become an accomplished suspense writer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought it would be., 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Doll Collection (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to enjoy this book but unfortunately it wasn't as good as i thought it would be. The beginning is ok but then it gets so tedious. The so called "doll collection" isn't mentioned much and it should have been called "Gloria". She's an ok character but she depressed me and in my opinion I found it rather boring in the middle. The ending is good. I think it would of been better as a short story.

The Doll Collection