Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 December 2011
Play this cd often,real classic blues for fans like myself .Fabulous tracks i love slide guitar with people like jeremy spencer ,jonny winter .Solid foot stomping music.
on 21 September 2015
Excellent service, Good item at a reasonable price, very quickly delivered
on 17 April 2012
There is some really good stuff on here
on 7 February 2015
Very good I like it
on 8 February 2012
-- It's a pity that my favourite track Alvin Lee The Bluest Blues (Track 12), has the last 20 seconds or so chopped off/quickly faded out - totally ruining it for me!
on 8 December 2015
Bought as a gift
I see that the cover clearly states, Climax Blues Band and Howlin' Wolf on its cover yet these two artistes are not on the actual CD.
So that means that the cover is 25 per cent incorrect.
True the CD is a nice collection despite not being acts actually played live on the Test.

BUT and this is my point.
It seems to insult the CD buying public quite a lot.
If this were a tin or a packet of food and it had a list of ingredients on I would expect those things to be in the product and if not I would be on to the trading standards quick!

Why not simplly change those names to Rory Gallagher (who was a regular on OGWT) and even Alvin Lee who are both big draws?

This sloppiness has been repeated on the OGWT progressive CD collection and just smacks of a 'Can't care Less Attitude to the Record Buying Public' and just further drags the reputation of The Old Grey Whistle Test down quite a few notches.

My advive is buy the complete Old Grey Whistle Test on DVD and see it in some of its glory.
Old Grey Whistle Test - Volumes 1-3 Box Set [DVD] [1977]