Format: DVD|Change

on 6 January 2012
This Tin Tin DVD makes good family viewing, toddlers and Grandparents can watch it togather.
Each episode is full of excitement and action and just long enough and not too scarey.
The colours and graphics are good. we liked it.It makes a nice present.
on 1 December 2013
This box set of Tintin is not bad to look at and not bad value either.

For what it's worth, I think they are the best cartoon version of these books by some way, but inevitably they lose a lot of the interesting plot twists, subtlety and humour of the books. The voice acting is not the best either and the music is rather repetitive and strident.

All things considered, afficionados of the books will probably be a bit disappointed, but children, particularly if they've not seen the books, will enjoy them.
on 20 July 2014
A fantastic set for all Tintin fans,superbly remastered by Anchor Bay.The pack contains all the original cartoons presented in their original 4:3 format with fantastic picture quality.All your favorite episode are here,if you're a fan these should bring back great memories as you probably read the books as a child.My 8 year old daughter loves all the different adventures as do I.Overall a great set at the price one well worth owning not just for Tintin fans,but for all fans of classic animation,highly recommended!
on 17 June 2015
I read all the reviews from enthusiasts about screen size and which edition was which and got confused so I brought this copy on the basis of price and am not disapointed. Possibly collectors would be but for me to take a trip down memory lane these are just fine. Seems to be good audio-visual quality and the stories are quite faithfull to the the books. I agree that the accents take getting used to but a small point in the scheme of things. I f you like Tin Tin and dont want to break the bank - go for this item.
on 4 February 2012
For years I avoided looking for animated versions of Tintin, with memories of the appallingly crass efforts screened in 5-minute chunks on telly in the '60's. Disappointment with the Spielberg Tintin film [well-intentioned but trying far too hard and losing the simpler charm of the originals in the process] led me to give this a try.
I reckon they've done a great job. All the stories are here except the problematic early 'Land of the Soviets' and 'Congo' stories and the unfinished 'Alph-Art'. And the style, thank heavens, is recognisably Hergé's. The story-lines and mood are pretty faithful to the originals too, though with a certain amount of unobtrusive editing out of some incidents - presumably to fit time constraints for broadcasting.
The animation is to a high standard - apart from occasional brief passages where Tintin's face doesn't look quite right. Not nearly enough to put me off.
If you're looking for a faithful animation of the originals give Spielberg a wide berth and try this instead. I think you won't be disappointed.
on 21 November 2012
Just as I remember it when I was a kid. Loved this and still do. Brings a smile to my face and makes me laugh watching it. Tintin and snowy are amazing. Love it love it love it.
on 16 December 2011
I bought this dvd as I used to watch them when I was younger. They brought back a lot of memories & its great all the episodes are in one box set. Def worth buying
on 25 October 2013
Good value at the price but all of the characters have been re-dubbed, which is disappointing for anyone brought up on the 1960s version. The Thompson twins now sound like a couple of Cockneys rather than two eccentric English gentlemen detectives (that is why they wear bowler hats, after all) and captain Haddock has been Americanised. Still, for the price, as I say, good value for anyone wanting to entertain their kids.
on 3 May 2012
I could be wrong but these very closely resemble the books as I remember them and stay true to the overall feel of the stories. Personally I think the voices are far better here and more akin to how I always imagined Herge's characters wound sound than they do in the more recent Spielberg/Jackson movie. Visually the animation is fair but not groundbreaking and I did notice a bit of judder in 1 of the episodes. I doubt if picture quality in the bluray version would be any better. 21 episodes at over 4hours for a 10er means a no brainer purchase for all tintin fans and a good way to introduce new comers though I think I still prefer the books for the little ones. Lock yourself in get your cigar and firewater and take a trip down memory lane. I remember reading the hardback books under the covers with a tiny torch and on lazy afternoons sprawled out on me bed. BTW Tintin in congo is missing in line with the book withdrawal from most shelves but I've never understood why milo's and tornosel's names had to be changed to snowy and calculus.
on 24 April 2014
As a youngster growing up in Tehran, Herge's Tintin opened me to the vast magical diversity of the world and its peoples. Tintin also helped me learn the English language, and develop a taste for its brand of humour, which ranged from slapstick to tongue-in-cheek, droll and dry humour. My love for animals (which was absent in the culture I grew up in) is another aspect that is directly attributable to Herge's books. Consequently, Tintin holds a special place in my heart - a love that has since also been instilled in my children.

This animated series was very well done, so I am happy to have purchased it. However, I'm disappointed that the transfer to Blu-Ray wasn't accompanied by a thorough clean-up of the source. Unfortunately, specs, flecs, hair, smudges and debris abound.

Audio is very good - the rousing theme music brilliant and so well suited to Tintin.

Story Episodes - 5 Stars