5.0 out of 5 stars This is wonderful, perfect pizza finally!
Published 23 months ago by Celticprincess

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes time to get used to
Published 13 months ago by John Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars This is wonderful, perfect pizza finally!, 17 Sep 2012
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Andrew James 33cm Pizza Stone Set With Heavy Duty Chrome Stand Includes Pizza Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
I decided to start making my own pizza's a short while ago and had several failed attempts prior to buying this Andrew James Pizza Stone set. The problem I was having was uneven cooking, the dough sticking and basically my pizza's not cooking as they should. I started to research how to actually make the perfect pizza and soon learned that I needed a pizza stone. But such a choice! so which one to buy...I began my search.

After a good while researching different pizza stones by different manufacturers, taking into account manufacturer reputation and also any customer feedback I could get my hands on, I finally chose this one, by Andrew James via Amazon.

Its great! Why? Firstly, it arrived very quickly via Andrew James direct (via Amazon ordering) and it arrived very well packed and in perfect condition. Secondly, in use it is absolutely marvelous! Upon taking it out of the box I liked the look and feel of it, it felt like quality and it looked good. I immediately set about making some pizza dough in my bread maker and an hour later I was placing my rolled out dough onto this pizza stone (pre-heated in the oven so that it was piping hot when I placed my dough onto it) I then designed my ultimate pizza with all my favourite toppings on and put it in the oven to wait anxiously to see what happened.

Whoo hoo! Finally I had perfect pizza. It came out well risen, perfect in shape (no shrinkage) and best of all, it was perfectly cooked and NO STICKING when I removed it. I sliced it directly on the pizza stone (be sure to place that directly onto the stand that it comes with when you take it out of the oven and use good oven gloves, its HOT) and plated up. My hubby praised me no end for my talents at pizza making. My pizza was great! I left half of the pizza on the stone whilst we ate the first half and it was a good 20 minutes later that we tucked into the second half which was still PIPING hot as I had left it on the stone and it had retained its heat. So, you don't even have to eat your pizza all at once, straight away, it stays hot on the stone. The pizza cutter it came with sliced through my pizza effortlessly and worked beautifully.

I can fault it not at all, its perfect. Fantastic results, fantastic value and a seller who very kindly even sent me a message via Amazon to thank me for my seller feedback I left. They also asked me if I would be kind enough to leave a product review upon testing and using the pizza stone and I am delighted to do that here now.

This is great! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this pizza stone set and Andrew James, the seller.

10/10 for value, looks and efficiency. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent price and size, 4 Mar 2012
creates a lovely base when used to cook pizza's , great price and perfect size for normal oven ,
easy to clean and simple to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly right for the job it's for.. And some it's not!, 17 Feb 2012
I bought this primarily for baking bread, not making Pizza. That has proved an excellent side benefit however!
The stone elevates my sourdough baking to new heights. Having a polenta strewn hot stone to chuck the dough onto makes for a level of rise and crispness previously unattainable.
Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Oct 2013
Works well ignore the bad reports they are not using it properly, just remember to put corn flour under pizza or the bread you are making

5.0 out of 5 stars pizza stone, 13 Feb 2012
How good is this item, have waited before writing a review, so I could use the item first. We as a fmily really like it, no more soggy pizza's, whether home made or shop bought, would definately recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes time to get used to, 1 July 2013
This stone takes some getting used to - I hadn't used a pizza stone before and was looking forward to improved pizzas. However, the stone has no handles and the chrome stand isn't really very satisfactory. Stone comes out of the oven very hot and has to be handled with care. Getting the pizza onto it is also tricky (I'm sure these comments apply to many, if not all pizza stones) - tried putting dough on and adding ingredients in situ, tried putting pizza together and then sliding on baking paper, eventually used new non-stick tray with no edges well covered with cornmeal - success! (I know you can buy devices for doing this but I have a small kitchen and don't want to have endless gadgets). The result - improved pizzas, but I'm not sure the improvement is worth the trouble...

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked the first - bought a second, 8 Mar 2012
I bought one for myself, originally to bake Naan breads on. Liked it and then purchased a second for a relative.
Don't worry about the staining after use, just scrape any bits and pieces off followed by a wipe down with a damp cloth. TIP - I used a 100mm wallpaper scraper from B&Q.
One thing which could be improved is the depth of the handles on the stand, if you weren't wearing gloves the likelyhood of burning your fingers on the hot stone is high. If they were deeper you might not have to use oven gloves to carry it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very 'appy, 12 Jan 2012
I ordered this 32cm Pizza stone from Andrew James as it is larger that the usual items at the price point. If you love pizza buy one. I've made pizzas from scratch before but the two I've made so far made using this product has made all the difference. It makes sure the pizza is beautifully cooked with a lovely crisp base. I followed the recipe for a Neopolitan pizza found in "[ASIN:1844009424 Two Greedy Italians]" - only 9.69 from Amazon at the moment and full of fantastic recipes- it was .... bellissimo. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 17 Jun 2014
Everything sticks to it, it's a nightmare to clean. Used two or three times before becoming an expensive oven drip tray.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Andrew James Pizza Stone, 26 Dec 2013
This is amazing, just a simple piece of kit with one moving parts but what. Difference it makes. Not only does it cook pizzas wonderfully but it also helps brown the bases of fruit pies which have been a source of frustration where there were som "soggy bottoms". This helps prevent this by applying the heat in the right place, ergo, beautiful pies... Just one thing to be aware of, and it's not a fault of the unit, make sure you measure your oven BEFORE ordering to ensure you get the correct size for you. We went for the 33cm thinking it was more than small enough to fit our oven and it was a perfect fit, but just! Had we ordered anything larger we would have had to return it for a more appropriate size. Finally, they say that they would send it by a specific date, it arrived about 4 days earlier and that's over the Xmas period as well, how good was that!!