on 12 November 2011
This is a good quality printer, very stylish and quiet solid (i.e. plastic compartment/trays not flimsy like the other types in the same price range). Good value for money and ink price is reasonable, but you have to shop around and also make sure you get the T1295 L ink pack (i.e. large), it is better value for money.
0Comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2011
Bought for daughter's xmas pressy for university work, I chose this one after reading the reviews and for the mac combatibility. What a lovely printer! A few models newer than my own Epson, I am very impressed with the size and quality, and of course the Epson software loaded instantly and all functions are working correctly, needless to say it was delivered superfast and well packaged.
on 16 December 2011
This is a very smart, tidy piece of equipment. The feel of the unit is very good and the quality of the prints, so far, is also very good. The front panel is touch sensitive rather than buttons that need to be pressed and that had led to some confusion at times.

I would say when using it as a stand alone copier the process is somewhat long winded and overly complicated when you might just want to copy a document. If you have experience with computers and complex printers you will quickly get to grips with it, but for a novice user it will be confusing.

In addition when being used with the wifi connection make sure that you do use the correct case for the router security key as it is case sensitive.

This printer was bought with the price of ink cartridges in mind as the running costs on other printers have been getting excessive.

So far it's a good buy even with the minor teething points.
on 1 November 2011
Excellent printing quality, although I haven't tried printing onto photo paper yet. The WiFi connectivity is brilliant - the printer can be tucked away out of sight which is exactly what I wanted.
on 2 November 2011
Given the price etc this is a great little printer. I can't help thinking anyone moaning about print quality or speed is missing the point; it's not a top end printer, just a good everyday one. It's size is a bonus too: I wanted an occassional printer sitting in the corner and this does the job excellently. The wifi is really handy and even the print by email on occassion (means I can print from my phone). The print quality is perfectly good for both text and photos and the print speed pleasently surprised me (given the negative comments I saw here I was bracing myself to be disappointed).

Why only four stars? Well, I'm pretty techie and it was easy enough to set up right up to having a bit of a hissy fit trying to install it on my laptop over wifi. It killed my wifi, tried to connect direct. The installation tool is a bit cryptic and the printer instructions are a complete waste of space. This was taking the 'first install option' so I backtracked and sai it was already set up (which it was) and it all worked fine. Once I got through that little blip everything worked first time, configuring the wifi is remarkably simple and the printer just... well... prints.

All up its a great little low-end printer, be realistic about what its going to give you and you won't be disappointed.
on 27 September 2011
The package arrived super fast from Amazon (it always pays to buy directly from Amazon if at all possible and their delivery service is incredibly efficient and fast) - The Epson SX445W is a brilliant WiFi printer and was very simple to install using their automated procedures. Over all, performance exceeded expectations by a large margin.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 March 2012
I bought this as a replacement for the HP photosmart 5510 which was not compatible for some unknown reason with Windows 7 on Asus EeePc netbook. I spent weeks trying to sort it out until I gave up. So after years of having stuck loyally with HP printers, I took a chance with this Epson model because, like the HP, it has ePrint and AirPrint (eg from iPad) functionality, at a similar affordability and other functionality to the e-All-in-one HP.

I was wary when I started to set it up thinking there was something wrong with my netbook due to the compatibility problems with the HP, however I needn't have worried because the installation was smooth, user friendly and quick. I was also pleasantly surprised that the free Epson iPrint app you can download onto the iPad (also on iPod touch) has several features on top of printing (such as scanning documents over wifi), and works very well. The basic AirPrint functionality also works well from the iPad functions such as email, webpages via Safari browser, photo albums, and so on, AirPrint works directly whether or not you download the Epson iPrint app. I was told that it wouldn't but actually it does.

The printer's own "on board" front panel functions and set up are very useful too, especially for various types of photocopy options. The choices are quite sophisticated for an all in one device. The results of scanning documents from the Epson over wifi onto iPad or netbook and other computers, look very good. General print quality is also good, and the lifespan of the cartridges that come with the purchased printer has been very good. I have had it two months with regular use but still haven't had to change them.

The only reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5 Is that the photo print quality is not quite as good as all in one HP photosmarts I have had, the colours onto good quality photo paper don't look as realistic as a proper photo printer. However, that's a small gripe for me because I only print photos very occasionally and for most people the quality is fine for occasional snaps. I could probably get decent realistic print colour if I get more expensive dedicated photo ink cartridge (I will look into that it the need arises).

Enthusiastically recommended
on 9 November 2011
Very pleased with this product. The printing/copying/scanning is good and clear. Set up was very easy, follow the disc instructions and Windows 7 did the rest. No USB connection required. Have not done any photo prints but bought it mainly for the 3 before mention facilities
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2012
This printer is simple to use, easy to set up and is great value for money.

It took me about 5 minutes from opening the box to get it online via my wireless network.

Using the software that comes with it, and also the Epson website, you can easily mail messages directly to the printer.

Scanning and photocopying are really easy to handle although you HAVE TO HAVE A USB CONNECTION for scanning.

Delivery was quick and efficient as ever with Amazon and I would recommend this for anyone who wants a simple printer that can turn out reasonably good quality prints of both photos and ordinary text output.
on 16 January 2012
This was a replacement for sx235w after printer was missold as AirPrint compatible by epson after a few emails they agreed to replace foc with this printer.
Only one small fault with this printer it is a bit slow.
Everything else is great wifi print AirPrint via iPhone and email print used all very easy to use.
Easy to set up and ink seems to be lasting vey well would definitely recommend.
Print Quality is good for the price range
Nice and compact.