Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: 1 - Pack|Change
Price:£3.40+ Free shipping

on 20 May 2013
First of all please note I am no pro, just a guy who likes doing stuff with my hands and who got tired of paying the absurd fees to do small, 2 minute things at the shops.

I have three Seiko watches, for some reason the pins keep bending and I need to get them replaced at the shops. This takes 5 minutes but I still get charged an amount (that in my humble opinion is) too high.

I also needed to take out some links from my watches (lost weight recently) so I picked up this kit.

The quality of this kit's plastic pieces will immediately tell you that this is NOT for professionals. Lets just say its a bit cheap, but considering how much you paid for the entire kit that is to be expected, and value for money is still fantastic.

I also picked up some watch spring pins from that "very famous auction site" for £2 (with postage).

Just to be sure I loaded youtube in my browser and sat through some quick tutorials, with that under my belt it was eezy-peezy to change the pins as well as take out links. The first watch took me 20 mins, by the 2nd watch I was a pro and did it in just over 5!

Kit comes with a few pieces that I have no idea what its meant for, but the pieces I used did the job really really well.

Would buy this again in a heartbeat if I lost it. Totally recommended.
on 27 October 2013
I really only needed the strap clamp and pin removal tool to replace the bracelet on my watch. Though functioning perfectly well, the build quality and accuracy of some of the tools is not brilliant, but what should we expect at this low, low price.
I now have a set of tools specific to watch repair, rather than use general tools not best matched to the job with the risk of damaging something, so it allows me to carry out basic repairs and change batteries etc and I have already saved the money spent.
on 22 September 2013
For the price, I wasn't expecting much in the way of quality but was hoping for something usable. All of the tools were fine except the watchband link pin remover which was very poor. It is made of bendy plastic and when used to remove a link pin, the vice just flexed and the handle fell to pieces. I did evetually manage to remove 4 pins by which time the only metal part of the tool was bent beyond repair. If you are buying this kit to remove watchband link pins, go for something sturdier.
on 16 April 2014
I bought this almost as an impulse buy to make altering the strap of a new watch I'd recently acquired. What a good buy it turned out to be.

I only ended up using a couple of the tools here but I know they're going to be useful in the future. Most of them are specific to watch repairs but there are a few which can be additions to your toolkit (small screwdrivers, tweezers, etc.). For what you actually get, this represents excellent value for money.
on 25 April 2013
The Silverline watch repair kit is a great assortment of tools which if you have changed batteries in watches before then this kit will do it. Having worked for a jewellers on the watch dept, I myself was familiar with the tools and they have done an outstanding job and saved me a lot of money other than the cost of batteries which are cheap. Please don't hesitate to purchase as you will not regret. :-)
on 22 July 2014
Not the highest quality but it all helped me get the job done with a tricky bracelet. Worth a go if you've got a watch that needs doing and you've an interest in watches.

All in it was cheaper than getting the bracelet sized and I can use it more than once. Worth a go.
on 3 July 2013
I have changed the batteries in four watches with this kit, that is what I bought it for and even
after paying for the kit and the batteries it was probably still cheaper that taking them to the shop
to be changed. Well worth the money just for that!
on 24 February 2014
Bought to adjust a new watch after I had difficulty with a previous one. A good little kit which did the job perfectly and has lots of gadgets and gizmos. Would not be the quality required for a watch enthusiast, but for most people's purposes - perfect!
on 26 April 2016
This arrived very quickly
The tools are ok but the punches and,the pin removal tool were of very soft metal and were useless
This was the reason for ordering as it was mainly to take links from a watch bracelet
on 31 December 2012
I tend to believe Silverline makes good quality tools but I'm not surprised by the quality of this watch tool set at this price. I'm now getting a feeling that this one and the Rolson one (cheaper) should be the same.