5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Watch
Great value for money. This is my second Timex compass watch. I paid £125 for my last one, so this was a bargain. Delivered on time, looks great and easy to set up. A no brained.
Published 19 months ago by Mark Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and noisy watch
First, I have to say, it is a nice watch, that is why I bought it.

Second, it is too noisy, especially in the quiet home, even I wanted sell it now. It is hard to make the decision.

Honestly speaking, the watch is worth buying, of course, you would endure the noice.
Published 12 months ago by ljy2815

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch at a low price, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Timex Intelligent Quartz Men's Flyback Chronograph Compass Watch with Dial Chronograph Display and Brown Leather - T49866 (Watch)
Nice watch with good features such as built in compas, there is background light for seeing time during the night and much more,

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Watch, 13 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Only had a couple of days, but so far, so good..., 10 Mar 2013
M. Huggins - See all my reviews
I'm developing a taste for watches, and having got my Eco Drive recently I decided I wanted something that looked a little different for more everyday wear. I normally prefer automatic/mechanical movement, but thought I'd give this a go - wanted to try a compass and thought the chronograph would be a little easier to read than on the Citizen.

First impressions - easy to set up, calibrated compass easily and then compared with 'real' compass (which I only came across by chance in a drawer) - lined up beautifully. Chronograph certainly easy to read as far as the minutes concerned, and setting up a second timezone also straightforward.

It also looks great - the lighter dial with the steel case works well, and the strap tops it off nicely. The Amazon price (£86) also seemed great after a bit of a comparison across other sites. Normally I don't buy anything that doesn't have a review on the site, but so far, I'm glad I did.

Just one very minor quibble (and it may be that those that know more about watches can explain this) - the second hand lines up with all the relevant markings well on some occasions, but not so well on others - only by a millimetre or two, but can be noticeable - but overall, very pleased with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful product, 4 Aug 2013
A really nice piece of engineering.

The dial is easily visible and the Indiglo provides excellent nighttime visibility. The size and weight are perfect for me and the strap feels really nice.

One (and the only one that I have noticed so far) disadvantage is that the seconds hand is a bit noisy and can easily be heard during the night.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex version of the original TX watch, 4 Aug 2014
I have the original TX version of this watch, one of my favourite watches. Unfortunately it was damaged by water. When I saw this version I thought it was an excellent price ( the other watch was approx. GBP 400) . Fundamentally it is the same watch, but appears to be thicker ( this may be a feature of the design) . The leather strap is not quite as good as I had hoped for, and I will replace this in 6 or 7 months . ( I would prefer a leather strap with a metal clasp section) Other than that the micro minute /hour hand is difficult to see . This is because the underlying dial is too reflective and the pointer is not long enough to properly indicate the time .
I may get used to this, but currently this makes the dual time difficult to read.
That aside - I really like the design of the watch - the stopwatch is 4 hours - which is great - for me 1 hour stopwatches are too short. 1 dual time is sufficient - I have relatives overseas - and the 7 hour difference means I have to stop and think what their time is - the main hands are well illuminated ( in the dark) and the stopwatch starts instantly - I have had watches where you have to wait for hands to spin to the correct position before you can start - this one starts immediately . I like the white and brown - and that it is waterproof enough to do shallow swimming - but don't dive to 5 metres ( as I did with the old watch) ....
All in all a good buy with the caveat you need good eyes to see the hand against reflective 1/4 dial on the top section of the watch , my old watch had a matt dial face, and this means it is much easier to see the micro hand....
No comments on the compass - it works fine - but a little bit of a gimmick , as the price is the same as the one without - I went for the added feature ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Looker, 20 May 2013
Very nice watch for this price , when you wear it you can feel that you are wearing a nice piece of jewlery.
Good and quallty made , including compas , and backlight.
So far so good !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury at a discount price ..., 24 Feb 2014
Donald Gillies "secretbearer" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I got this watch at a clearance price and so far I am extremely happy with it. Timex has taken the german/italian TX brand watches and copied them with asian designs (this watch is made in the Phillipines) for about half the price! They are extremely beautiful watches, but slightly thicker (13mm) than some people prefer. They didn't have to be this thick as you can see about 4 mm of depth from the rim of the watch to the surface of the faceplate.

The indiglo face is great, however, when the compass is being used the indiglo backlighting flickers. The watch can beep and so I don't exactly understand why they didn't include a countdown timer or something like that to improve its usefulness.

The idea of the watch is to have a VERY smart chronograph with 4 motors so that all hands can move independently under microprocessor control. So you can press the "lap" button and the seconds hand may return to 1.2 seconds if it takes that long to reset the hands back to the 12 o'clock position, and then it counts from there.

The look is extremely classic. The 13mm thickness betrays its low-cost origins. The leather strap is the best-made leather strap that I have ever owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good watch!, 22 Jan 2014
I'm very happy with this watch. The Band Materia is good, the compass works fine and the night light is so cool.

The only problem is the pointer of chronometer have a little delay, should be on position 12 but it is a little before.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and noisy watch, 10 Oct 2013
First, I have to say, it is a nice watch, that is why I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looker, 8 May 2013
Lovely looking watch. Great colour, nice and chunky style.
Set up compass and works fine so far. Hiking Cornwall in couple weeks so I'll give it a good test then.
So used to a digital face and the hands being a pale colour I'm having to get used to reading it.
Had lots of nice comments.