4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well - glow in the dark not so bright though
We have always bought the Avent Soothers for our daughter, mainly because they offer a good mix of value, durability, great reliable brand and are better than a standard soother for the gums.

Published on 26 Feb. 2013 by R Beeching

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Published on 23 July 2011 by MrsDanny

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well - glow in the dark not so bright though, 26 Feb. 2013

We did get these in record time, and our daughter didnt even notice when we swapped her old one for this new one (same brand i suppose so same feeling for her), but she also isnt completely reliant on these 24/7 so maybe she just wasnt bothered.

Anyway, slightly off on a tangent there, the quality of these is second to none, the teats have never ever come away from the plastic housing, nor have ever discoloured, split etc. The plastic cap is also useful when she is being fed and it needs to be put down or when we are out, it is easily removed when needed to be used again.

As for the glow in the dark feature, yes it is not the brightest out there by a long way, but surely if it was really bright and by your baby's nose it would distract them, keep them awake etc. In truth, as long as it has been left in the light, it gives off enough light to find it in a cot/moses basket/dark room if and when it drops out of their mouth when they are asleep, and that is the ONLY reason i have marked it down by one star, it is not as glow in the dark as i expected but it still works.

To conclude, this is a great product which does exactly what it says on the tin, however, do not expect the glow in the dark ring to 'light up your life' or a room, as it wont, but you will be able to see it. Durable, quality and great value rolled into one product....you will struggle to find them anywhere else cheaper....we tried :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glowing soother for growing son ..., 27 Feb. 2012
P. D. Jones "streaksofgrey" (Gruffalo woods) - See all my reviews
These soothers / dummies are a great little invention (i.e. the glow in the dark element), as long as you keep them near daylight / sunlight during the daytime. This is because they need to feed off the light in order to build up their "glow". As long as you keep them somewhere where they can "charge" up during the day (i.e. not in a drawer), then the glow feature works really well. Invaluable if you need to find one for your baby through sleepy, bleary eyes at 3.00am, especially without glasses on (as I tend to be in the middle of the night!).
As with all other Avent products I have purchased (including sterliser, bottle warmer), these soothers are of a good quality. They are also dishwasher-proof, providing you put them in the top section (I put mine in a pop-in basket).

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 23 July 2011
I thought these were very poor. Our son normally uses MAM dummies and I thought these would be helpful at night as he was constantly losing his dummy and we struggled to find them in the dim light from the night-light around his cot/on the floor/caught in the rungs of the cot! They glow for a few minutes only and not very brightly. Also, unlike MAM dummies the shape is not curved so they didn't sit tight to his mouth. A good idea in principle but don't do what they are supposed to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase!, 26 Oct. 2011
Excellent product. Would highly recommend. My son woke in the night and I actually watched him hunt out his dummy and he went straight back off to sleep again. Priceless :)

5.0 out of 5 stars love these, 29 Dec. 2013
These dummies r great at night time when your half asleep searching around when you little one jas dropped it

4.0 out of 5 stars Glow in the dark? Really??, 13 Mar. 2012
Emma Wood (Crickhowell, POWYS) - See all my reviews
The soother itself is, so I'm assured by my 5 year old (who yes, I know, shouldn't really be using a dummy anymore) is 'really lovely' and 'tastes of strawberries'!

However, we were alittle disappointed that the 'glowing' aspect wasn't as spectacular as imagined - I would've thought the stars may have glowed but it is only the handle. Yes, you can find it in the dark should it get flung from the bed into a corner but its more of an aide for a frustrated parent than a marvel for the child.

We opted for these 'glowing' soothers as my son IS FIVE and we're trying to assign the dummy to the bed & bedtime rather than him carrying it around with him in daylight hours & having people double take at him & scowl disapprovingly at me.

For the money thou, and for ease when it goes awol at night - a good buy. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pacifier!, 2 Dec. 2011
My baby just uses the pacifiers either for sleeping or when she falls and is crying out loud!
This has been the best choice for her as it has a very natural shape and doesn't at all interfere with the teeth growth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 26 Dec. 2011
Very handy if your little one throws the dummy out of the cot in the night like ours does, because at least you can find them!! The item was despatched really quickly which was great, and is a good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 21 July 2012
My baby loves the avent soothers so thought I would give these a try. They do give off a slight glow but not as much as I thought however as he likes this brand anyway im happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only dummies our daughter will take!, 9 Jun. 2014
We already had two of these dummies but as I'm terrified of losing them I have now stocked up on more. I've tried other dummies but these are the only ones that will comfort her at night - she'll go hunting for them in her cot and put them in her mouth herself and fall back asleep again. The glow in the dark function unfortunately doesn't work for long so don't buy them if that's specifically what you are after - as dummies though they are great and even our daughter is now 13 months and should move on to a larger size these are still the only ones she will take.