5.0 out of 5 stars 'Gripping Plot & Credible Characters
Published 20 months ago by Heather H 77

2.0 out of 5 stars no thriller at all
I do have to admit that I bought the nook due to its amazing reviews!
I wanted something gripping, that makes you think.
Unfortunately this was none of those things. I gave it two stars, because I actually thought it started off quite well. The characters are being introduced slowly and described with loving detail. But that was about it. The storyline and...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Gripping Plot & Credible Characters, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Twisted (The Vera Bentley Mysteries Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book and incredibly it was free! Excellent plot which kept me gripped, I had to burn the midnight oil for a couple of nights as couldn't put it down! The characters are credible, Vera is a gem,funny,warm and principled in her own odd way, Rod's sickness is palpable,Ali is chilling. The story flowed and did not lose pace,superbly written 'well done' Lindsay! I would highly recommend 'Twisted' and now eagerly await 'The Promise' Vera's story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burning the midnight oil..., 21 April 2013
I downloaded this free and really enjoyed it. I have suffered a number of late nights because I couldn't put it down so I'm quite glad I finished it!! Captivating story line and a good cast of characters, although, for me, Ali was just a bit far-fetched. I look forward to reading the next instalment...

5.0 out of 5 stars Outsanding debut!!, 25 July 2011
An outstanding book written by an extremely talented writter, why this is not is paperback is beyond me!!

For someone who is not normally a thriller reader this kept me hooked throughout, so much so nothing got done this weekends apart from page turning!!

I awaiting the next novel and to be taken once agon through a current of emotions that started with extreme anger and left me in tears at the end, it takes a lot to make me cry at a book!

I would and have recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHILLING !, 22 July 2011
WOW - What a stunning novel and storyline, written by a clever and clearly talented lady. Twisted gripped me from the first page, and sent me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions - fear, sadness, intrigue, laughter - to name a few.

The novel stars such lovable and dispicable characters, whos lives are connected, but the very clever plot kept me guessing right until the very end. Brilliantly terrifying, but also so so exciting. I had to stay up all night to finish it.

Readers of this fantastic story, will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars disturbing story because it's believable!, 16 Jan 2014
OK, there was a little bit of romance to try and take the edge off the horror but Rod and the daughter where very unpleasant. Vera and Pippa where good characters but Vera stole it for me. Just one question, why did Rod marry Vera in the first place, didn't seem his sort?

4.0 out of 5 stars Twisted (The Vera Bentley Mysteries), 2 Jan 2014
I read the reviews and decided to give it a read and I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed this and I didn't want to put my kindle down and if I had to I was very eager to pick it back up and read on. the storyline was great and the characters were awesome. I would definitely recommend this book and definitely be reading the next one. well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted, 23 Dec 2013
Downloaded this when it was free. One of the better free books I've read. Good storyline and interesting characters. I enjoyed!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than It Thinks It Is, 3 Feb 2012
A minor issue with punctuation/typos throughout cannot detract from a good story, well told, with a large cast of appealing/apalling characters, and the courage to confront difficult subjects such as racism, sexuality, domestic violence and child abuse head on. Even though it's subject matter is uncompromising in places, the book flies by, helped by the pacing, the intercutting between different story threads, and a short series of flashbacks that help turn what might have been a cut-out monstrous husband into a damaged human being. The book carries you effortlessly along, and the climax is exciting and sufficiently bloody. Well worth buying and reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Lindsay, 24 Jan 2012
Could not put this book down once I had started reading, I even sneaked it into work. Has you crying one minute and laughing the next, a trully excellent read with lots going on to keep you turning the pages. Thanks Niki for recommending this book, one of the best I have read in a long time. Well done Lindsay, I think you are up there with the best and I will be keeping my eye out for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'difficult to put down, 15 Aug 2011
An excellent book by this first time author. A difficult subject portrayed by characters that had you cheering on the good guys and willing the bad guys to get their come uppance. All together a very good read with many 'twists' and turns. I look forward to reading more books by this very talented author.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Twisted (The Vera Bentley Mysteries Book 1)