I'm a great believer that products have to be reviewed in the context of their price, and at under two quid delivered this drawstring gym bag represents good value for money. It is durable, weatherproof and the drawstrings feel strong. Also, the fact that it is available in a number of bright colours aids safety, and you can, if you wish, print onto it.

My girlfriend has been using this bag for a number of weeks now and finds it ideal for quick trips to the gym or swimming pool and thinks it has ample capacity for most people. It also has the added benefit of being washable at 30 degrees. At this price point I can't see what more you can ask for. If you want something more elaborate or capacious expect to dig deeper into your pockets. Recommended.
I decided to buy this product because I had my £50 sports bag stolen from my local gym and I wanted an inexpensive sports bag to replace it.

It is made of decent quality material that is fit for purpose. It has plenty of room inside it to hold my gym kit and accessories and has a very good fastener.

I have been using it for several months and have not had any problems with it. I wash it at 30 Deg C cold in my washing machine and it does not damage the material.

This bag met expectations and is ideal if you are looking for an inexpensive sports bag and are on a tight budget (like me).
on 24 June 2014
Holds things. Strong enough feeling. Bright and good for wearing when cycling. Looks pretty cool if you're into that hi-vis thing. I'm not, but I feel safe with it and that's what we're all worrying about: my safety.... and ability to carry things to a gym I'm yet to sign up to.
on 23 September 2011
These are really good value for money and are well made. Couldn't ask for more for the price. Delivered quickly and the children loved the range of colours on offer. Good size fits basic PE kit in, shoes, rugby top, shorts and socks as well as jogging bottoms
on 2 October 2014
There's nothing not to like about this bag. I bought two to help keep track of my sporty daughter's different kits, and will get a couple more. The mixed reviews made me reluctant to commit to more than two on the first purchase! OK, I doubt the bag would be big enough for a man's full gym kit, complete with trainers, but there really is plenty of room here for my 12 year old daughter's school PE kit (trainers included), for example. The fabric and drawstrings both seem to be robust. Good value.
on 7 February 2016
Very poor quality bag lasted 1 week already wear and tear everywhere. Strings from corners came out. Small in size not something I should have spent my money on.
review image
on 2 October 2014
This bag is perfect for my trainers. I put this bag with my trainers in it at the bottom of my rucksack when going to the gym; it's exactly what I was looking for and the pink is a nice colour (you can see the bag is a bit dirty from use but that is expected with a light colour). Also, great value for money.
on 30 November 2014
great for personalising ,acrylic paint works best
review image
on 27 April 2016
CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
Sold by: TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.
£1.79 P+P 0.00

Is it the strongest best quality best material best made best designed best bag in the world? NO of course not. It's £1.79 and no P+P. If you were expecting the answer to be YES you REALLY need to re-evaluate your expectations.

So what do you get for the princely sum of £1.79? you get a bag that is exactly as described.

My opinion/evaluation of it is its reasonably well made. the stitching is ok and probably uses cheap cotton but it looks good enough to last me for a while. rough and tumble with kids it'll probably last a year or a term at school. The little princes and princesses can be rough bunch of.... thoughtless little monsters. It'll hold a pair of plimsoles (yes it spelt correctly and yes they do still exist) gym shirt and a t shirt quite adequately.

It's not ergonomically designed to pamper the environment and massage the user in to an altered state of bliss. No committee of bearded chin stroking guardian reading lentil eating grow your own socks brigade tree hugging luvvies got together and designed this. Its pretty much a rectangle of cloth folder over and sewn up with a cord in it. Job a good 'un.

OR a small laptop or tablet? or whatever the latest gizmo is. however I would advise using a neoprene sleeve for added cushioning and screen protection.

OR

for this price you disassemble it and use the cord and material for some other craft project - I dunno. but surely it's cos mor then a couple of quid for ordinary's like us to buy these materials?

So why does it lose a star? because there is one severe drawback to this bag (and many many other like it) Put any irregular shape or weight into it and it becomes the most heinous torture device ever to grace the planet. It'll make nail ripping and bamboo themed torture seem like a stroll in the park. OBVOUSLY I'M BOTH JOKING AND EXAGGERATING. But serious. if you get a shoe or something sticking in to your back it's bearable for a minute or two but you really wouldn't want it for any length of time. And if you what to go for the double whammy put a bit of weight of in it. again it's ok for a moment but after 10 mins or so the cords the start cut in like cheese wire.

Answer. DON'T FILL IT WITH BAGS OF SUGAR OR SHOPPING and pack it carefully so nothing digs in to your back. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Perhaps - and I don't know because I haven't tried but a sheet of something like from a breakfast cereal packet put inside the bag against the surface that will be in contact with your back would stop anything digging in.
Also maybe fold some of the same card around the cord to from one of those flaps that expensive bags have on the shoulder. this might prevent the cutting in effect.

So there you have the good points, the bad points and possibly a few ideas on how to negate the the bad points.

ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend ? YES I would
on 10 June 2014
Used for separating out items in a baby changing bag ie one gym bag per child for nappies and spare clothes and one for food/snack things. Gym bags were not overfilled, nor were the straps used for weight bearing as they were inside another bag. Gym bags split at the seams and the fabric ripped. Ordered four of these bags and had to bin all four within a month as they split too much to hold anything. Contacted the seller who said they could do nothing about it as they had been used ie no money back or new bags to replace damaged ones. Complete waste of money.