Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

on 4 July 2012
This replaced a USB card that I had struggled to work every time I started it, the card took ten minutes to fit and set up, I tried it with Microsofts Media Centre but found the software included was easier to use in terms of scanning for channels and sorting them.

Now enjoying TV on my PC also great for recording and pausing live TV.

Overall very pleased, especially at the price.
on 21 July 2012
I bought this card on the recommendation of a very good friend not as a satellite card but merely to capture videos and DVDs and then be able to manipulate the resultant mpg file on my PC.
I had tried a USB capture device before this but it was hopeless and found this to do a superb job of capturing.
The card was easy to fit and the software easy to install.
Worth every penny.
on 2 January 2015
I'm still working on this. it only has 1 LNB input and my dish has 3 so i need to get an adaptor. still wiating for amazon to send this. only about a fiver but already taken twice as long as the card to arrive so far. Other than that the card seems to be working fine. installed without any problems on win XP x64. i managed to hook up a 50" samsung plasma to the PC as well. only thing is i haven't figured out how to get the sound working. using Nvidia DVI to HDMI. picture is ok. but no sound through the Samsung. the sound is there as i can get it through speakers independantly. not through the samsung as yet. once i solve these two little problems. i think this will be a good use of the old PC turn it into a PVR with this card whic was £20. I also got the Samsung for £20 (cost of the repair). and the adaptor when it arrived was less than £5. so all in all. a new PVR with 50" screen for less than £50. i'm well chuffed :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2013
Worked without any problems using supplied setup disc on windows 7 32bit. First class card for money and would buy again and recommended to others.
on 23 January 2015
Caused random BSODs due to memory corruption. Unsure what the issue was - could be a driver issue or a hardware fault.

Would have been great value for money at £20 otherwise.
on 20 May 2014
I bought this card to use in a media centre PC I have built using a Gigabyte E350n- win8 motherboard , running Windows 7 32 bit, and installed it in a CiT MTX003 mini ITX case all bought from Amazon.

The first problem I encountered was actually fitting the card into the case, due to the RF loop through connector at the top of the fixing bracket found it was impossible to fit . I resolved this problem by undoing the fixing screws and moving the main board towards the front of the case and then inserting the card and sliding it all back into place (still fiddly though).

Initially I used the supplied disc to install the software and was extremely disappointed at the results. The video and sound appeared to be very out of sync, and the picture quality seemed bad.

I downloaded the latest software from the Compro web site and installed it but that only made it worse, It flashed up an error message and I was unable to access the setup screen (the setup button was “grayed out”)

I opted to wipe everything and start again, reverting back to the supplied disc, This time all went well and the new installation completed without a hitch.

Picture and sound are now ok.

Setting it up to put the channels in your preferred order is a bit of a pain (you have to drag and drop with the mouse). And for some reason I does not appear to find all the available free to air channels, notably BBC2 England (it found BBC2 NI and Wales ok) This may be due to a dish alignment error.

Regarding channel set up, you need to know which satellite you have pointed your dish at (The freesat channels are on the Astra 2 group @ 28 east)

An unexpected bonus is it came with a remote control (which incidentally only appears to works within the TV card software and not in Windows).

I’ve knocked a star off for the flaky software and the installation hassle.

All in all it’s not a bad card for the money, at £20 it must be an absolute steal.
on 13 December 2014
dropped straight in and had sat tv running in no time. easy to set up, just takes a while to organise the channels....
on 24 August 2014
good, works well, had to use windows media centre to get freesat - the compro software doesn't pick up freesat
on 17 March 2014
This is the 3rd Compro dvb-s receiver I've bought. The software appears to be only compatible with XP, Vista and above are not compatible. Fortunately the drivers work with Win 7. Win 8 has various problems but I managed to get it to work.Their customer service in my experience all ways respond to queries but the info/advice that they give is a little to simple and has never solved my problems. Kworld is much better as is Technisat
on 7 August 2014