5.0 out of 5 stars Out of nowhere this gem of an album appeared
I'd heard of Leonard Cohen and I like his music. Adam Cohen I hadn't heard of until a very good friend said we were off to see him live next month. So I checked out "Like A Man" on Spotify.

Sat at home on a peaceful Sunday evening I pressed play and let the opening track fill the air sounding very much like Nick Drake. The guitars and the strings. Sometime...
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by Team McLaren

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice album, but don't expect too much
As much as I wanted to love this latest and best work so far from Adam Cohen, I have to confess that I was a little bit disappointed. I really would have liked to hear better lyrics, just one song which reminded me of the greatness of his father, just one moment to connect emotionally or spiritually with the son of Leonard Cohen. But for me there is nothing that...
Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Gerrida

5.0 out of 5 stars UNFORGETTABLE, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
Having seen the live show in February 2012 I couldn't wait for the cd to arrive.
It was one of the best live shows I have experienced and the cd has captured the mood of the evening brilliantly. Adam Cohen has the most incredible silky smooth voice and the song lyrics ( including some of the more corny rhymes (the boy you fist kissed / the perfume on your wrist !!!! )) are so memorable.
Having been a fan of his father .. in my younger days .. I was not sure what to expect. But Adam, although of a similar style to his dad, stands as his own man, singer, songwriter and tallented musician. An excellent albumn - memories of an unforgettable evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
This is a great CD, I have played it constantly since I bought it and also given it to friends who also love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some works, some doesn't, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
I bought this as a bit of a shot in the dark, having read some positive reviews. There are three or so tracks that live up to my expectations but for me the others were so nearly there but just missed having the spark that would have made them special. Was it worth getting? Yes on balance and I will carry on playing it as I've found in the past that my verdict may well change with time and familiarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the original Leonard Cohen - only better., 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
As a teenage admirer of Leonard Cohen in the 70s I was intrigued to read an article about his son Adam in the Telegraph recently; following the paper's recommendation I bought 'Like a man'. The Amazon price and postage time were as good as always.
The CD is a revelation. Adam sounds exactly his father at his best in the early days - particularly the title track, which was like finding an unpublished recording from those days.
The songs themselves, and particularly the words, are if anything an improvement on his father. Almost humorous and self-deprecating in places, there is none of the dark angst that was a barrier at times with Cohen senior; they are personal, even playful in places. My personal favourite is 'What other guy', with a superb accompanying female voice which I believe is Jennifer Warnes, another contributor to and improver of his father's work.
If you liked Leonard Cohen in his early days, with his acoustic guitar and his higher-pitched voice, then you are going to love 'Like a man'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a Man, 29 Oct 2011
Mrs. Stella Armour (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
i liked the voice and the music but for me the lyrics let it down badly..they were so shallow.

i have been a fan of Leonard Cohen for many years so i thought the magic would be in his son as well but for me it wasn't there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a man, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
I havent stop listening to this recording since i received it. I have everyone of adam's fathers recordings and just like those, this is mesmerizingly seductive. What a masterpiece! Cant wait to see him live should he ever come to the northeast area of the U.S. Leonard, You did Good! Adam, You are amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving record..., 31 Oct 2011
C. Whyatt "Music Lover" (Wargrave, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Like A Man (Audio CD)
Listening to this now and moved by its beauty, truly a great start in following in the family business... Well done Adam.

Like A Man
Like A Man by Adam Cohen (Audio CD - 2011)