5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Quality
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by Mystic66

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 months. Expensive RMA.
As the title suggests the PSU gave up within only 2 months of basic use.

The RMA cost a whopping £17 through royal mail which is almost half of what the unit cost. Would go for a corsair for the extra money next time And I have still not received a replacement 1 week later.

When I do get the unit back and tested I'll post my results.
Published 12 months ago by Ed Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Quality, 7 Jun 2012
My OCZ ZS-550W arrived this morning (Thursday) having only ordered it Tuesday afternoon.Excellent delivery time.On opening the box the psu just oozes quality,everything about it screams quality.So many connectors its unreal,,I replaced a 750w generic psu,200 watts more than this 550w.I've ran 3dmark 06 and my score is 29 points more than with the generic 750w psu.My cpu fan has increased by 80rpm,Chassis fan increased by 120rpm which means my system is running a lot cooler.I've been repairing computers for 20 years and i can hand on heart say this is a quality piece of kit.PLEASE,take no notice of the Corsair brigade,everything not Corsair is crap according to them.They buy Corsair not because they are any better,its because they are so much dearer cus of the name,and they can tell the world how rich they are cus they bought a Corsair psu.OCZ bought out PC Power & Cooling in 2007 and PC Power & Cooling were without doubt the best psu makers on the planet so it speaks for itself.I've read lots of 1 star comments about this psu and they all have a common denominator.Overclocked cpu and sli/crossfire gpu's.Well as someone who's had 20 years in the business i can say no 550w psu will cope with that lot not even a Corsair.This psu is sleek,oozes quality,virtually silent,and very powerful and with a standard 3 year warentee i can rest assured for 3 years.Very happy bunny is me

5.0 out of 5 stars power supply, 5 Jan 2012
Bought this to upgrade my set up,had a really cheap 700w that I had to connect numerous adapters to..got very messy..the motherboard needing 24+8pin and the graphics needing 2x6 pin,2 sata raid 0 hard drives,2 blu ray/dvd players,4 led fans and 2 strip lights and so on,this handles them easily!
The leads are..
20+4 pin atx
4+4 pin power
4 molex
8 sata
2x6 pin pci-e
2x6+2 pin pci-e
All long enough for my mid-sized tower.
Not sure if thats the proper names for them but its what I call em.
Delivered within a day,boxed,sealed and genuine!!

Update, after 15 months of gaming and being dragged about its ticking over nicely,no noise increase and all connectors are still good

5.0 out of 5 stars OCZ 750 PSU, 3 Aug 2013
My EZCool PSU died within a year, I tried to access customer returns but they refused to even consider the idea or repairs or refund, to the point of not replying to my emails - I WOULD ADVISE NEVER TO BUY ANYTHING FROM EZCOOL. So after much consideration I landed on the OCZ 750 PSU. Before buying I checked what output I needed with ASUS PSU Calculator ([...] My PC Spec's are :- CPU AMD Phenom II x6 - 3.80Ghz | ASUS M4N98TD Evo | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | GPU: nVidia PNY XLR8 460 1GB | OS: Win7 64 bit | XSPC Water Cooling |64 GB SSD for OS | 8 x HDD for Work & Play, so I need to draw quite a bit of power to keep everything happy.

This PSU is an absolute beast, very stable 12V rail and even under full load drops less than .06V. It is quiet and the cable length is perfect for cable management. To be honest for the price I would not have expected such a strong, solid performance. If you have a mid range gaming PC and need a good punch from a PSU then this is the puppy you should be looking at. Well done OCZ, a really well designed and build PSU. Ah! Nearly forgot to say if you like to judge the worth of a PSU by weight, then this will not let you down. I dislocated a couple of vertebra and seethed a nerve man handling the bleeding thing into my case. The box it comes in protects the PSU very well and you get a brand new power cable, so now I have about ten kettle leads :*)

I would have given this product ten out of five, as it is such a worthy product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PSU, 9 Dec 2013
I forgot I had this PSU and still brand new does great in my I7.
Nice and light and cool and good power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 29 Jan 2014
Very sturdily built, almost silent in operation, easy to fit and has a good selection of connectors. I would happily recommend this to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars 750W Power Supply, 4 Jan 2014
There is little more that I can say than the power supply is outstanding and excellent. The box is very nice and protects the unit very well. No dents or scratches.

The unit itself is superb. A nice black coat of paint suits my case very nicely. Being of such a large wattage, the power supply has lots and lots of connectors. I have little use for most of them, but they are nice to have for any future upgrades.
It would have been nice is the unit was modular, but you can't have everything.

Performance is excellent. The unit is super efficient and the cooling fan is very quiet. It has no trouble powering my GTX 770 at full throttle.

Overall, I am very pleased with the unit and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: OCZ OCZ-ZS650W-UK ZS Series 650W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (Accessory)
got the 650w from pc world for £59 to replace the cheap cit 750w that broke on me. this is a lot quieter supports more features, has a 3 year warranty and is all around worth the extra money. surprised to see amazon are unusually expensive on this item, beaten by £22

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, does its job., 3 Aug 2012
I can't find anything wrong with this power supply. It makes no noise at all. The cables are the right length for cable management. I have it at the bottom of my case facing downwards, completely silent. It also powering a XFX 6870 fine. Overall a good budget gaming power supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent and Efficient. Great value for money, 21 April 2014
Bought this after a lot of research for my gaming rig. Was undecided between 550, 650 or 750...but in the end settled for the middle ground. Some spare power is always good!
Has been powering my rig since Dec. GTX 780 + i7 4770K with no issues
Completely silent.

Only complaint is the power cables are quite thick and not too long. But I knew that when I opted for a non modular one so no stars reduced from the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Reliable, 25 Feb 2014
Flawless. Out of the box it was easy to install, abit bigger than expected. Postage was very quick and it's lasted 6 months+ with no sign of wear or tear