4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book with information on the eating plan
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by Miss K. Fletcher

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for us Brits
Regret buying this book as it really is geared for the American pallet. Didn't quite know what some of the ingredients were, not very inspiring.
Published 24 months ago by Mrs. Aumairah Hassan

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book with information on the eating plan, 29 Sep 2011
Miss K. Fletcher "K. Fletcher" (Ware, Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New ABS Diet Cookbook (Hardcover)
If you are following the Abs Diet eating plan, I would recommend this book. The recipes in it are excellent and divided into breakfasts and snacks, lunches, dinners and desserts. There is also a special section on barbecuing/grilling. This diet was originally designed with men in mind, so the food is a bit 'blokey'! However, I have enjoyed cooking the meals and served them to guests with no complaints.
The only reason I haven't given the book five stars is that it is entirely geared for the US market. All the measurements are in US measures (cups, ounces etc) which can be a bit difficult, although it is possible to research and 'translate' into metric. Some of the ingredients used seem also to be only available in the US, so you have to fish around online to find the UK equivalents. My final thought is that many of the recipes are for four or six servings. Yes, you can freeze or save for the next day, but six strikes me as a bit much - you'd be eating some of this stuff for a week! Again, a bit of work and you can soon reduce the servings accordingly.
Overall, if you are following the Abs Diet and want some new ideas this is a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: New ABS Diet Cookbook (Hardcover)
simply is just great,explain to you everything you need to know and what to cook,how to cook.is just great.take it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 14 April 2013
This review is from: New ABS Diet Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book is brilliant - I have lost 6lbs in 3 weeks with no exercise at all.
Recipes are easy to follow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for us Brits, 30 July 2012
Mrs. Aumairah Hassan "akabay" (bristol, uk) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr M, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: New ABS Diet Cookbook (Hardcover)
Recipes looks great but in all fairness I haven't tried it out yet so can't comment much regarding the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many great recipies, 18 July 2012
Amanda J. Burns (Old Isleworth, Middlesex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New ABS Diet Cookbook (Hardcover)
I ordered this on Friday and it arrived on Monday. My husband and I have already tried four different dishes and he is preparing the fifth as I write. So far all have been delicious and very easy to prepare. Neither of us have ever found a recipe book with so many dishes that we both want to try. We are really looking forward to working our way through the book!