5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, good basic features at a reasonable price
The review is for the mens' version but the two versions should be comparable.

The Berghaus Verden is a good back pack for short trips/hikes and does a really good job bridging the gap between day packs and the 65-90 litres back packs for longer trips.
Published on 24 July 2011 by Martin Hojgaard

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a little disappointed!
First let me say I'm a walker, having trekked in the Andes, Alps, Himalaya's and Wicklow, I take my gear very seriously and I reviewed this pack before I purchased!
The utube review showed two lid locking straps but the pack only had one. Also the four utility clips on the back were missing, no doubt to reduce costs but...!!!
The waist strap buckle was a...
Published 11 months ago by Roving Sole

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, good basic features at a reasonable price, 24 July 2011
The review is for the mens' version but the two versions should be comparable.

The Verden will hold whatever you need for a couple of days, including sleeping back and mat. There are plenty of compression straps and D-rings for securing stuff to the outside of the bag. There are a few pockets here and there and a rain cover but the pack is not loaded with features. I really lacked a zipper locked pocket in the large compartment and pocket/D-ring on the hip belt/shoulder strap but otherwise the features are spot on.
The fabric quality is fairly good, I've been using mine for almost a year now and I've had no tears/undone seams yet with moderate weekly use.

The fit seems to be quite adjustable, at least I managed to get a good fit on my relatively slim hip/shoulders and tall upper body with the biofit. The pack is quite comfortable to wear even when fully loaded. The padding on the hip and shoulders are supple without being too much.

The Verden rucksack is recommended for the cost-conscious hiker/everyday user who is looking for a back pack for 2-4 day trips.

PROs:
Adjustability
Value for money
Build-quality

CONs:
Lacks a pocket or two

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy with an even better price, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 45+8 Men's Rucksack (Sports)
This has been a fantastic purchase. First of all I cannot fault delivery; one day early and this was Yodel, caps doffed. Anyway the bag, I bought this in sale at 60% off so that's a good start. I was at first concerned about the size at 53L, as a scout we have to pack quite a bit. But I packed as usual and found myself pleasently supprised to found even more room left. The built in rain cover is a welcome addition, its sewn into a pocket at the back and comes out and goes in easily and happily covers all the bag even with sleeping bag and roll mat. Nice. The back of the bag has a self adjusting feature which I have found to be bang on. Overall a fantastic ruck sack and perfect for scouts (I'm an explorer scout).

5.0 out of 5 stars another great Berghaus product, 13 May 2013
Bought this bag for myself male 5 ft.10" and 13st after doing some research between the difference in the male and female versions I decided to go ahead and purchase the " female" version if there is a difference it would not be apparent to anyone but an expert ! the female being cheaper is all. Even after inquiring in a well known outdoor shop they said there is no difference from a male wearer but a difference to a female in the way the load is carried . So don't be put off by the description of it being a "female" rucksack. The bag itself is fantastic having all the requirements you'd expect from Berghaus all the bells and whistles. Only one negative about this bag is the H2o opening being on the back of the bag and I am concerned about tubing from bladder resting or rubbing on the back of my neck but only time will tell, Hope this has helped a little in your decision to buy or not to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Present, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 45+8 Men's Rucksack (Sports)
My daughter wanted a ruck sack for her 5 week trip to Thailand. She chose this one. Good value and well made. Survived the trip. She was really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery even to Poland, no problems at all, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 45+8 Men's Rucksack (Sports)
nice rucksack already tested in Giant Mountains (Karkonosze); good size for a week trip, need to arrane some pocket on weist belt

5.0 out of 5 stars Verden 45., 6 Aug. 2014
Reliable and good product in general. Had no issues with it. Took it on a road trip in a van from the north to Lands End. Hence it has survived and endured quite a lot of harsh and rough conditions.

Its waterproof and durable. however i would not recommend this to anyone who is going on a trip for more than 3-4 days, as i so not think there is enough space for a lot of stuff. Then again it completely depends on you needs.

I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely an excellent bag, 18 Sept. 2013
I bought this bag for a three-months trip to South America. At the beginning I was considering to get something bigger, but 3months with a heavy load on your back can be very difficult. This seemed to be the best compromise in terms of size, internal storage and space, pockets and - very important - shape of the back side.
45 plus 8 will allow you to put all the stuff you need (keep in mind that the more space you have available, the more you will fill it..), and the bivi-divider is an excellent feature to allow you to keep dirty or wet clothes at the bottom, completely separate from the main compartment. What else? Rain cover, biofit back, two mesh pockets on the side, access to the main compartment from three different parts (bottom, top and middle) plus other three extra pockets (two on the side, one on top), water-system compatible, fully adjustable and above all VERY strong and durable material. I do like this bag, it's going to be a good travelmate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Verden rucksack recommended, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 45+8 Men's Rucksack (Sports)
For the price paid this is an excellent product as a mid sized rucksack for shorter expeditions. The quality is as good as you would expect from Berghaus and there are plenty of features. Only tried it out for a short period thus far but it seems really comfortable and I'm looking forward to a short outing in the Scottish highlands in May!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant so far!, 1 May 2015
This being my first ever Rucksack, I wanted one which would not just serve me well but serve me for a long time to come during my travels. I didnt al lot of research into different bag but I got to say this one was perfect for me as I saw a few reviews on youtube, which outlined the bags performance and qualities etc. Only qualmfor me is that the buckles do feel a tad cheap but as long as it holds up I'm cool.

It has more then enough pockets and compartments for me to utilise, the zips are high quality and overall I'm happy I bought this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Verden 45+8 Men's Rucksack, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 45+8 Men's Rucksack (Sports)
fantastic product just what I needed and fast delivery many build quality looks good so will look to have many years enjoyment thanks Dave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›