5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice backpack
This bag is very durabable and looks nice.
There are several compartments on the inside which can be very useful.
Also the back of the back which pushes against your back has a strong flat board which prevents uncomfortable parts poking you.
Published on 1 Sep 2012 by N008_pwnsu

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, some drawbacks though
To be fair I've been using the same bag for the last year and a half that I took travelling around the world. That's a Kata DR466i, and as it's done tens of thousands of miles, I thought time to replace it.

Published on 8 Oct 2011 by elfidge

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice backpack, 1 Sep 2012
N008_pwnsu (London,England) - See all my reviews
This bag is very durabable and looks nice.
There are several compartments on the inside which can be very useful.
Something I would want to make people aware of is that there is only one main ziped compartment which can accomodate A4 sized objects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack for travelling, 8 Oct 2013
Over the last few years I've been travelling around the world and been looking for the backpack that would be big enough to carry all my stuff but as ightweight as possible and I whink I finally found it.
Either using it on a daily bassis or packing all the gear for a few days out this backpack has performed greatly withouth breaking my back,
Highly recommended it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great day bag., 13 Mar 2013
RJS Jenner "rayjsj" (Fishguard ,Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Remote 25 Unisex Backpack (Sports)
Very good bag, holds all I need for a days Coast Path Walking, good pockets etc., plenty of space for overtrousers, gaiters, a great buy at £28. Could do with a waterproof cover as part of the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Backpack, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Remote 25 Unisex Backpack (Sports)
Excellent quality backpack, as expected from Berghaus.
Fits laptop up to 15.6, has 2 bottle pockets and some zipped internal pockets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, some drawbacks though, 8 Oct 2011

I'm potentially spoiled as a result - being now accustomed to padding throughout the bag, in the lining and a plethora of useful and sturdy pockets and zippers. So to go from that to this bag, and there are so many drawbacks that I'll be looking to replace it almost immediately.

Put simply - it's not up to the task. Berghaus' usual quality seems to have vanished and the lining present throughout the bag is almost non-existant. If you're using this bag for clothes and things that can take a knock - go ahead. The back support system and straps are also a good fit, though they head off away from your chest too much for my liking, putting a greater requirement on your shoulders to bear load, rather than your back. The internal pockets are connected to the ultra-thin outer-lining, which will hence also remain flimsy and collapse in on themselves given any weight greater than paper. So it's not ideal - in fact I'd suggest looking elsewhere if you want any kind of protection whatsoever for your contents.

As a sports bag, or for cycling - this is arguably a great bag, though again due to the lack of strength or support in any of the lining, I certainly wouldn't be keen loading it up with my laptop, shoes and change of clothes - without packing strategically to use the clothes as a lining-by-proxy.

Having had my Kata and used it for laptop, camera, sports, travel, cycling and running, I can't help but be disappointed by this bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but it'll do for work...not hiking, 12 Sep 2011
I bought this bag to replace an old faithful Berghaus of 15 years but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed. This bag is the usual high standard that you would expect from Berghaus but it is just to 'busy' for my liking.

The main grumble I have with this bag is the 'active link' shoulder straps. These hold the top of the shoulder straps to the bad and are fabric secured through D-shaped brackets. What happens is everytime you put the bag on your shoulders they twist and dig in until you re-position (untwist) them.

I used the bag at Alton Towers in August and over a 9 hour period I found it uncomfortable and had to keep loosening and tightening the straps to find a decent position.

I have to admit on a recent long walks-I have used my old Berghaus and this one will be used only for work.

If you are looking for a hiking bag-buy a different Berghaus not this one

3.0 out of 5 stars Backpack, 21 May 2013
Mrs. Matthia C. Lambert "Math" (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
The airflow system does not work. But on the whole its not really a bad little back pack, ok for one day hikes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Remote Backpack - Extrem Blue, 25 lt, 2 Dec 2013
Looked at a number of backpacks that I could use as a day pack and this one suited the bill, comfortable to wear and I like the fact that you could tighten the side straps to stop the pack from flopping around. I found that you could attach and remove walking sticks with ease and I liked the storage pockets on the side, good for easy access to a water bottle. Will be using it on some planned walks in the new year and would recommend this backpack to friends & walking colleagues. Overall very impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Backpack, 1 July 2013
What a great choice I made purchasing this backpack! Used during a couple of weeks away exploring the Jurassic coastline.
Robust and strong, backpack feels well made and put together. It has many compartments/pouches for inside and outside storage. Would highly recommend it to anyone and would definitely consider Berghaus again for any future backpack/luggage requirements.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anyone Noticed the Dye Running out of the Material, 5 Jan 2012
Just a note to see if anyone else has had the same problem, used the bag a couple of times and noticed that the dye had leached from the green material on the bag. The dye ruined a perfectly good coat and the carpet where i had placed the bag down. The main area of Leaching was around the front zip - anyone else with this problem? Amazon would not refund only advice to contact the manufacturer who promptly advised me to contact the retailer AMAZON!! No luck there for me then.

Berghaus Remote Backpack - Black/Coal, 25 lt