5.0 out of 5 stars Great for occasional readers
Published on 25 July 2012 by Jazz Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars No access to archive.
A warning: Kindle subscriptions do not include access to the LRB website, so you won't be able to access past issues and the LRB archive as other subscribers do.
Published 7 months ago by Italian in London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for occasional readers, 25 July 2012
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
I used to subscribe to LRB but found I did not have time to read it all and read books as well. But I used to like to buy an issue as a treat when travelling , or on holiday . However Waterstones stopped stocking the magazine, I suppose they had to make space for selling drinks and expensive notebooks, and my local University bookshop closed down and I only managed to get hold of issues when travelling to London. Thanks to the Kindle edition it's now a pleasusre restored. It's easy to navigate and read in the Kindle format. The only thing missing are the adverts, not normally an issue with most magazines but I miss the LRB adverts.

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Kindle was made for, 17 Jan 2012
William Burn "gingerburn" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
On paper the London Review of Books is pretty daunting, all tiny text and crinkly A3 pages. That's one of the reasons I like it so much: it sends a very clear signal to everyone else in the room that I don't want to be disturbed, and the lack of pictures makes reading over my shoulder nigh-on impossible. Add to that the rich diet of book reviews, 'op-ed' pieces, and excellent poetry, all written by leading experts in their fields, and you've a real treat every couple of weeks.

And now the Kindle edition appears, and I'm delighted with it. Not only do I have a one-click dictionary to clear up all the words I don't understand (and there are always a few), but it is at last truly transportable and no longer a right chore to read in bed. Great stuff. If only they could solve the problem of other people thinking I'm reading Pam Ayres, and it would be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
Excellent content; excellent value. A miracle to able to purchase these sort of journals wherever I am travelling as long as there is wi-fi of course.

3.0 out of 5 stars No access to archive., 19 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great representation of the Zeitgeist, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
Lovely to dip into. Would that the supplier of the e-format might 'dip into' its pockets and contribute a fair sum to the national resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov 2014
D. Reade - See all my reviews
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
Wonderfully eclectic, insightful, and generally well written, without excessive jargon or verbosity that frequently accompanies academic writing.

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this to have a look. It's just ..., 1 Dec 2014
J. H. Mccarthy "Rex Glevi" (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
I bought this to have a look. It's just OK but not really my cup of tea. I won't be buying another - sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
Amazing magazine, rare to find such excellent writing and works very well on my Paperwhite

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 Dec 2014
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
I didn't actually buy this,Little tip never leave a two year old with your smartphone whilst logged into amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars How should landscape art be presented ?, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: London Review of Books (Kindle Edition)
Very interesting article by John Barrell, critical of the Royal Academy landscape show, and pointing to a model of how landscape exhibitions should be done. I think he was unfair about what the exhibition was doing: after all Turner and Constable are our best landscape painters.

London Review of Books