5.0 out of 5 stars Fallout
For me, it's the mark of a really good writer when they have the ability to put together what is essentially a very simple story but make it unputdownable.

Published on 10 Oct 2011 by Blowin

3.0 out of 5 stars An "identikit " thriller, competent but not outstanding
Generally I prefer non-fiction works such as biographies and histories, but occasionally I dip into novels. I stumbled across the "Nick Sullivan" trilogy while browsing a selection of Kindle books and I was influenced by the high proportion of 5-star ratings in readers' reviews. I was in the mood for a well-crafted "thriller" after having finished a 500 plus page...
Published 19 months ago by cimic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallout, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: FALLOUT (Book one in the Nick Sullivan series 1) (Kindle Edition)

Such is Fallout. Every facet is wholly believable, yet at no time could I anticipate where the plot was going and, like another reviewer, I now look forward to further books from the series. In fact, I rather imagine we shall see an escalation in Karla Forbes's popularity when TV producers look for the next down to earth series that won't, as so often happens, cost an absolute fortune in special effects and wrecked equipment but will still attract the sort of viewing figures to justify a prime time slot a la Poirrot, Wycliffe, Frost etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 1 Aug 2011
Having read "The Preacher" by Karla Forbes and enjoyed it enormously I decided to read Fallout on the strength of her writing style and obvious imagination. I was not disappointed. Although this book is a thriller it is as beautifully crafted as "The Preacher". Her writing is grammatical, well punctuated and a joy to read, unlike many books where the pleasure is reduced because of bad grammar, spelling etc. As for "Fallout" itself, this was a real page turner which moved at a constant rapid pace, keeping you guessing right to the very end. Karla Forbes obviously has a vivid imagination which she is able to translate into very readable, exciting books. I cannot recommend this highly enough, and I see from the heading that "Fallout" is the first in a series. On the strength of the two books of hers that I have read so far, I cannot wait to read the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great yarn - good read, 23 April 2012
This was a really good story - well crafted characters, horrible villians heroic heroes thrown together in a very credible plot that was neither predicable or too far fetched. Read from cover to cover with no temptation to skip over chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallout, 7 May 2012
I enjoyed this book right from the start and didn't want to put it down. I will be looking for books by the same author again. A good read at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, cracking yarn of an accidental hero., 21 April 2012
Mr. G. Harrison (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
To start I will say I have just downloaded the second Nick Sullivan book (The Third Wave)just after finishing this book.
I really enjoyed Fallout and found it hard to put down. Sullivan is accidentally caught up in possible terror attacks in the South of England. The storyline in quite believable and as someone has already said it would make a good movie.
If you like thriller, action books you wont be disappointed with this one.

I am looking forward to reading all of Karla Forbes other titles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallout by Karla Forbes, 21 July 2011
Karla Forbes is an amazing thriller writer.
Her book, Fallout, is page-turning, pacy and has great characters. The main protagonist, Nick, is a person you can empathise with and want him to come out on top.

I recommend everyone who loves thrillers to read her books. Karla deserves recognition and be up there with the greats.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for insomniacs!, 6 July 2013
Brilliant, fast-paced thriller with a ring of credibility. Unputdownable! Hence insomnia. Can't wait to read the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 1 Feb 2013
K. Yeo (UK) - See all my reviews
I couldn't put the book down or should I say I couldn't put the kindle down. I've already recommended it to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'm hooked ......, 22 July 2012
R. Field (UK) - See all my reviews
I have never before read Karla Forbes, but now I'm hooked, just as I was from the very first page of this book.

The story draws you in immediately and keeps you going with its many twists and turns. The story line is excellent. I tried to predict the outcome of each sub plot and failed miserably with most of them.

Very exciting, yet believable, this book will leave you wanting more. I am now keen to continue with the net in the Nick Sullivan series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good read, 12 April 2014
The author has got this book absolutely right. Superbly written, well thought out and extremely well researched and totally up to date, the plot never stops evolving. The use of so many sub-plots kept me wanting more and more.
The phrase, "Unputdownable" is particularly apt in this case. Ms. Forbes's hero is a man with a truly spectacular knack of getting himself into, then out of, then into trouble again.
This being the first book in the Nick Sullivan series, leaves my tongue hanging out for more. If this storyline is anything to go by, the sequel will be equally as good.
Top marks.