1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great and Twisted tale, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Welcome To Killville, USA (Kindle Edition)
Having read MY's other two detective thrillers, I thought I would give this a shot. From the description I could tell it wasn't his usual detective thriller, but I was intrigued anyway. This is far removed from Murderson and Spider Mouth. In Welcome To Killville USA, the author proves that he is certainly versatile. The style is incredibly different and very consuming. I found myself dragged into Matt Sichman's strange world, where death seems around every corner. The main character's narrative is what stands out, because it truly is charming and as if he is talking to you as if you're his friend.

The Plot twists and turns, leaving you breathless and amused at Matt Sichman's take on life and his dark sense of humour. I don't want to give too much away, but things do get very dark and out of control. This is not a whodunnit...but sort of a why...dunnit. It's a psychological thriller if anything. It's not the usual thing I would read and enjoy, but I'm glad I tried it. It certainly kept me reading all the way and I would recommend it if you're into dark, noir-ish tales. It paints a strong picture and is very vivid. I could almost feel the heat of Killville.

I really enjoyed this book, although am hoping for a follow of to Spider Mouth and Murderson.

Welcome To Killville, USA