Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

Like a lot of these releases Amazon have not provided a track listing so I thought this would be of use.

If you spot any mistakes just add a comment and I will rectify it Toot Sweet
(and yes I know it's not spelled that way!!)

As of March 2011 Amazon are over six quid cheaper than E bay and they post them from Switlzerland!!

Disk: 1 `ORBITAL'

1. Time Becomes
2. Planet Of The Shapes
3. Lush 3-1
4. Lush 3-2
5. Impact (The Earth Is Burning)
6. Remind

3. The Box [Part 1]
4. The Box (Part 2)
5. Dwr Budr
6. Adnans
7. Out There Somewhere (Part 1)
8. Out There Somewhere (Part 2)
9. The Saint

6. Nothing Left 1
7. Nothing Left 2
8. Style
on 18 April 2012
I'm not entirely sure why anyone would say that the Green and Brown albums are the best here and the other 3 are just alright? I'd say the first 4 albums are all absolute classics, the Middle of Nowhere is good and perhaps classic to anyone who's not been following Orbital since the very beginning but perhaps not as super analog and creative as the previous 4 albums.

For me the analog days represent the best of Orbital. As soon as the Novation Supernova synth and copious software plugins reared their ugly head, I feel they lost a bit of their creativity and sparkle.

Insides and Snivilisation are more melodic offerings and in my opinion the real journey's here, but to choose which is the best of the 1st four albums would be like choosing which of your children are your favourites.

Personally I love Insides for tracks like "The Girl With the Sun in Her Hair" and "Out There Somewhere Parts 1&2" these are tracks only Paul and Phil could have made and are pure genius with bubbling, screaming synths and real atmosphere. I much prefer the darker sides to Orbital and the unique sound pallets they constructed across their first 4 albums, their later stuff especially the new album Wonky is a little too over sweet for my liking, though I still like their work very much.

When they released the single "The Gun is Good" last year I really thought we were getting back the Orbital of old and this made me really hopeful their new album would be full of mental synths, interesting samples and spot on humour. Unfortunately Wonky didn't even have "The Gun is Good" on the track listing and for me tried to hard to embrace the new. The age old adage of "Nothing's broke, don't fix it" rings true here.

If anything their early works were so far removed in terms of quality and ideas from the majority of dance music producers around at the time and subsequently the last 20 or so years it made their music standout from the crowd. Their early albums were always a journey and each sounded unique because of this leaving plenty of space around themselves to continue in that vein if they so wished.

The one thing you'll always get with Orbital is a splash of humour, usually demonstrated in the samples they use. They also have a habit of throwing in the odd guilty pleasure here and there, especially in their re-worked sets. In the past Paul & Phil haven't always seen eye to eye on this, I'm not entirely sure which one it is with the masochistic taste for cheese, but they've mellowed over time and allowed it to creep into their music. I guess it's all about the fun these days and well, if any-ones earned the right to do as they please it's definitely these two boys.....

So to wrap, if you love inventive, melodic electronic music of the highest order and in particular that stadium techno hands in the air vibe where the music really grabs you and takes control, then this is the collection for you. A massively important and enjoyable tour de force. I'd go as far as saying this is the most important example of ground breaking, (accessible) electronica ever made. A work of true genius in a time of musical revolution and evolution which we may never see the likes of again in our lifetime.

If you don't own it already, buy it now !!!
on 15 March 2012
This box-set is worth getting just for the green and brown albums, which are pretty much exemplary early nineties electronica. These records have aged better than qumran copper scrolls and there are far too mamy standout tracks to mention, they are synonymous with the cream of techno.

The other three albums are alright, but in their quite reasonable desire to become more prog, as most electronic acts intuitively do, they lost a bit of their streamlined essence, best found in their catchiest, lengthy minamalist grooves.

So three clever albums and two absolutely classic albums, all in quite a deal.
on 16 December 2013
I'll keep this one short and sweet. Put simply what you have here is many of the finest techno gems ever made. A lot of stuff here will never stop blowing your mind, eg. all the 'Brown' album, and it comes at a ridiculously low price. The only negative point I can come up with is all 5 cds come in cardboard sleeves rather than the original packaging, this may seem petty but that sort of thing is important to your typical trainspotter! If you don't have this stuff and have an interest in electronic music you must buy this at the earliest opportunity.
on 20 April 2012
Five CDs for the price of about one - what tremendous value! There are some top tunes on this collection. I bought this after seeing Orbital playing live for a BBC6 Music session. Most of the audience were uncool blokes in their 30's and 40's - just like me! If you're like me too - an old fart who likes old-style trance music and the music in the film Kevin and Perry - you might like this too. It might be a bit weird in places but all the better to annoy other people who don't understand good music when they hear it!
on 23 February 2013
The early Orbital material is there best, Lush, Halcyon, Are We Here?, The Box and the superb The Saint!! This is great value for money.
on 28 May 2012
For these five albums this is just incredible valve for money - absolute classics every one. Bought this set after losing my originals in a move, packaging is fairly crap but it really makes no odds as most people will rip the CDs for ipods ect. Bargain - get it now.
on 18 May 2012
I thought it might be dodgy but all the tracks have transferred to my itunes well with no glitches. Bought it when it was £8.99 which is a no brainer for those of us waiting for the time to digitise our vinyl !
on 22 January 2013
This box set of discs is both excellent music and also excellent value.

It's got its own playlist on the MP3 player and is recommended for any Orbital fans with gaps in the back catalogue.
on 27 July 2012
Received my purchase quickly and it has done many hundreds of miles in the car since. I particuarly enjoy disc Middle of Nowhere. It is a five disc set and they all get played on a regular basis