5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent GPS
Excellent GPS. I like the large screen compared to my old Oregon and the long-life rechargeable battery
Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
For some five or six years I've been using a Garmin E-Trex Legend with a Garmin TOPO map installed. It's been an excellent and faithful companion but advancing years mean the small screen is becoming more difficult to read.

Published 7 months ago by K. R. Fellows

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 23 Dec 2013
K. R. Fellows - See all my reviews
This review is from: GARMIN Montana 600 Full Country Bundle (Electronics)

Perhaps it's early days but I don't see myself having such a good relationship with this device. Why does it have to be so big? Obviously it's got a larger screen but even so, it's a surprisingly heavy block of a thing. And why is the map display so poor. There is no clear definition of colour (there's no greenery shown!) and scaled up images tend to lost their sharpness. It's legible and useable certainly, but it doesn't give you a good feeling using it. I suppose for one thing I'm used to slim line, low weight mobiles with high resolution screens. By comparison this feels like a throwback to the last century?

On the plus side, it picks up the GPS satellites very effectively, offers an alkaline battery back up, has a good battery life and it does have a fairly rugged feel about it. Oh, and it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent GPS, 21 July 2014
This review is from: GARMIN Montana 600 Full Country Bundle (Electronics)

GARMIN Montana 600 Full Country Bundle