4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by Shell

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly un-user friendly
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by A. Greenwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Groov-e GVSP880 i-Speaker Dock 20 with Clock Radio for iPod and iPhone (Electronics)
I have been pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of this Dock/Clock. My old ipod touch charges on it with no problems and it has some nice extra features such as the sounds. Only down side is setting the presets for the radio stations - they cannot be named but the remote is handy to flick through to the one you want so not too much of a problem. More surprised by the wonderful sound quality at all sound levels, makes listening to the radio in the morning a pleasure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly un-user friendly, 16 Feb 2012
A. Greenwood (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
The biggest annoyance with this item is that certain features are not customisable. For example, no matter what kind of alarm you set (radio, sounds etc), when it goes off it quickly increases in volume, to the point where after about 3 seconds you're scrabbling around trying to shut it up! Not a very soothing way to wake up and seemingly no way of turning the increasing volume off.

Also, if you plug your iPhone in while the alarm clock is 'on' it automatically starts playing the music from your library full blast! Several times I've plugged it in when I'm about to go to sleep and I've been made to jump by loud music suddenly blaring out!

The instructions are limited and written in very bad English. If these faults are fixable it is certainly not outlined in the instruction booklet. If anyone knows how to fix the issues please let me know! :)

On the plus side the speakers are clear, it looks neat and tidy and the remote is very handy to have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item, Weird Alarm!, 5 Jan 2012
I received this item today , all in all it seems like a great item. The one problem i have with it is how loud the alarm gets!. Its supposed to slowly increase but this item increases volume really fast! Until its he day at an awful volume! louder than i play my music during the day! If anybody has found a solution for this i would greatly appreciate them !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedside speaker, 20 Nov 2011
I use this as my as my bedside speaker and It does a fantastic job. Quality of the sound is superb, crisp and clear. The bass is superb without distorting the music. The iPhone charges whilst docked and you can set it so that you wake up to your music and at whichever song you want.. Even the radio on the speaker works great and again you can set the alarm so that you wake up to the radio station you want. The speaker itself is quite slick, black unit with a blue light on the screen if you want it. I would recommend for all ages - my children have demanded the same speaker for their rooms!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 18 Nov 2011
Was looking for an ipod speaker for my gf but most are too expensive. this one hit the spot, very good value for money, nice design and most importantly good quality sound. arrived quickly and properly packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sounding dock for the price!, 23 Nov 2011
smartyPants "Smartypants" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
this is the second dock we are using for ipod touch & Iphone.

It is really easy to dock the devices - which is a huge relief for my son who always worries about breaking the dock!

Sound is very crisp & remote control does its job & we have successfully woken up to the ipod music. We haven't used the 6 tunes such as bird chorus etc, but to be honest why would you when you can wake up to your own playlists of your favourite tunes instead! If I wanted to wake up to birds - I would open my window ;-))

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overall!, 13 Jan 2014
So, firstly when I was looking at reviews I wasn't sure whether to buy it or not as it's not exactually cheap to me and a lot of reviews weren't positive. Anyway, I did decided to ignore the reviews and I thought only way to decided is by buying it myself to have a proper look at. Well, I am glad i bought it as I personally love it! ... The LED clock has different dimmers which is great! (at this point i haven't used it during the night yet!), I won't be using alarms by this as i use my phone. It charges the iPod and play's well, the sounds was amazing! My old docking station has a remote so I wanted one with my new one, this one compaired to my old one is so light, and you can even change the LED dimmer with it! I ordered it on Friday 10th and it came this morning Monday 13th before 11am!
Overall, I am very happy with this docking station and I do recommend. 5*+

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Dec 2013
Great charger, speaker system and alarm. Really love it. Good that the clock can be left on as a light or turned off at nighttime too

5.0 out of 5 stars i pod dock and radio, 12 Dec 2013
This i pod dock and radio is on the coffee table in my conservatory, sound is very good for a small radio and is exactly what I wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Intermittent faults, 7 July 2012
Ruth Gerull (Braunschweig, Germany) - See all my reviews
When I first received this, I thought it was good, especially the sound quality. However, mine has now got so many faults I am going to return it. To list just a few of the faults; it won't turn on unless I unplug it and then plug it in again; setting a radio station with the remote is impossible; it won't register or play music on my iPhone anymore, although my iPhone works on another docking station, the writing has faded from a few of the buttons, which I wouldn't expect to happen on something that is just over 6 months old. I am SO frustrated with the thing I feel like throwing it out of the window, but instead will attempt to remain calm and return it to Amazon and get a refund!! I can only assume that mine is faulty but I won't be buying another one - what a shame.