5.0 out of 5 stars Normally much more expensive
I wondered why these ground almonds were so cheap and I suspect it is because of the sell-by date being only a few months away. However, I shall buy this product every two months as we soon use it up. Recommended if you do the same.
Published on 10 Mar. 2012 by LynnetteLorraine

1.0 out of 5 stars Packed in envirornment which handles nuts, gluten, soya, milk, peanuts etc
I was very disappointed when I received this item as in the smallest of print (for which I needed spectacles to read), it says

"PACKED IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHICH ALSO HANDLES NUTS, PEANUTS, SESAME SEEDS, GLUTEN, SOYA, MILK AND SULPHURED FRUITS."

Which means it is absolutely of no use to me !

Why, wasn't this stated on the description?
Published on 16 Mar. 2013 by J. Kay

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars cheaper to buy in bulk, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I bought this as I had recently bought Harry Eastwood's red velvet baking book. She uses a lot of ground almonds in the gluten free cakes. It's so much cheaper to buy this in bulk. They are very well sealed and arrived in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suma gound almonds - great product, reasonable price, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I bought these ground almonds when a product recall meant I couldn't get any in my usual supermarkets. I was a bit nervous of buying them online, but they have proved to be of excellent quality and far cheaper per 100g than the smaller quantities available in the supermarkets. As another reviewer has said, they pass easily through a sieve to make macarons with no big lumps or bits of brown husk at all. There were some pieces that were a little too large for the sieve, but were still fine enough for successful macarons. I am now buying my second bag. I stored most of the pack in a large Kilner jar for freshness, which seems to work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for paleo baking, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I have just received my 4th order of this 1kg bag of ground almonds. I use this product to make paleo bread and bakes (wherever the recipe requires almond flour). The latest bag has a best before date of about 6 months from now, but I've been using up each bag within the month so that's not an issue. Before sourcing these Suma ground almonds here on Amazon, I tried baking paleo bread with ground almonds from my local supermarket, but the resulting loaf was too wet/soggy in the middle. I've never had any problems with these Suma ground almonds, a perfect loaf every time. I will continue to purchase them here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fresh and sweet, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Fresh sweet almond taste. Finely ground. Great for baking, cooking and skincare. Mix a teaspoon with a little water and use as a mild scrub mask. Softens the skin in a single use.

4.0 out of 5 stars A flawless purchase, 8 Jan. 2013
radar (london, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I have no regrets about buying this, it gets my recommendation.
Ill happily buy more of the same when my current one is finished with.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love being able to buy in bulk, 14 Jan. 2015
K. L. Adey (loughborough, leicestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I just love being able to buy in bulk. The marzipan I made with this came out smooth and even, tasted great and did not let up a lot of oil. Having seen a lot of press recently regarding the fact that some companies are adding peanuts to ground almonds, I would be happy with some form of certification to prove that this product is pure almond, as there is nothing to state such and I use the marzipan for weding and other celebration cakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Value, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I use Ground Almonds a lot in my preparation of pies and cakes and they are quite expensive from supermarkets etc. and usually only in small quantities. I like the 1kg size and with the free delivery system then these are very good value for money. I found the contents to be fresh and well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money!, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
This is "ok" but no better than the bags you get from Waitress and it is more expensive. We use this for our Macaron classes and it is not worth the extra money and if you are using a small quantity then you will have to store it carefully otherwise humidity will do its nasty deed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These Suma Ground Almonds are very cheap compared with the small amounts one can buy in supermarkets and they are of good quality. They do not have a very long 'use by' date, around 6 months, but I have found that using them after even a couple of years they keep their taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ground Almonds, 14 Jan. 2013
P. A. Ward "patsywoo" (U.K) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Suma Ground Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These ground almonds are excellent value for money.
If you use quite a lot of ground almonds, as i do, on the paleo type diet (use instead of flour) it's brilliant.

Would definitely buy again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›