5.0 out of 5 stars SUMA's best coffee
All Suma's coffee is ethically sourced and most taste great but this one is my particular favourite. The variety of bean and the degree of roasting results in an ultra smooth experience, smooth - nice!
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by hoyhoy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good
I don't know if I received a bad batch, but I found this coffee nearly undrinkable. It has a very harsh acidic flavour. I tried different grind sizes and brewing methods (moka pot, filter) but I couldn't get it to a point where I didn't cringe while sipping it. I drink my coffee black and without sugar, so maybe it just isn't meant to be consumed in that fashion.
Published 21 days ago by Matthew Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars SUMA's best coffee, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Suma Fairtrade Organic Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Coffee Beans 1 kg (Grocery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not distinctive just full of flavour...., 15 Mar 2012
Leslie Reed - See all my reviews
I try a lot of different varietals and blends in my Presso. This isn't the best I've had (Red Rock Espresso by Badger & Dodo) but it's a good second. Not the bean or roast that you would expect to make good expresso so a lovely surprise at the length and chocolate finish with a crema you could walk on. It's fair trade and organic too - a no brainer. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful full flavour, 19 May 2013
My first foray into Ethiopian coffee which is Slightly chocolatey, full flavoured, medium roast & strength which I rate at around 3 - 4. those that prefer a stronger flavour would not, i feel, be disappointed. Highly recommended will buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent strength and taste, 10 Jan 2013
compared to other coffees this is a winner. we have tried numerous different coffees and this is the one to have.

4.0 out of 5 stars and it tastes like it is, 12 Sep 2014
It's half the price of Monmouth Coffee, or less, and it tastes like it is. I've now had i think 4 lots of this coffee, the quality varies from good to ok, a lot depends on exactly how fresh the roast is, which is a mystery. It's on the light side of medium bodied and quite fruity, slightly citrusy. Quite refreshing in it's own way. Sweetens very well.

It's an acceptable pour over, albeit sometimes only just, and it makes an nice light cold brew. I only buy these beans because paying £30+ a kg for really good freshly roasted beans is a bit out of my budget, given how much coffee i drink. On the plus side the traceability and ethics of this product are very good, ignoring the fact that Amazon are involved that is...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 29 Aug 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars good coffee, 28 May 2014
J. Graham (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
tastes good as espresso and Americano too! Will probably buy again, definitely oneof favorites so far and organic and fair trade so no ethical worrieseither

4.0 out of 5 stars good good but could be better, 24 May 2014
I. Forro "aurora27" (manchester) - See all my reviews
as Ethiopian coffee is the original and plus organic and fairtrade I thought it is going to be the winner... it is good, very good. but not excellent. still would recommend it as much much better quality than any other burnt, bitter coffee sold in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairtrade, organic, and very tasty..., 21 April 2014
Coffee is an individual thing, Yirgacheffe is always described as 'fruity' because it is less bitter than many others. I love it, and only use other beans when I run out. Plus it's organic and fairtrade (this one tells you which co-operative group it comes from in Ethiopia) so you can feel good about supporting the farmers too...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice coffee, 19 Feb 2014
Ms. T. J. Lash "tessa" (london) - See all my reviews
A nice mild but delicately flavoured coffee, and organic too.
Ok you do have to commit to a large bag but i dont think you will regret it