5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
After trying a number of brands of gluten free porridge, found this to be the best for me personally. It is expensive at £2.99 a smallish pack in the supermarkets, (Amazon selling in packs of 6 makes it slightly cheaper) but makes a nice porridge without being gooey or sticky.
Published on 20 Jan. 2012 by Bookaholic

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect oats, Disapointed they have raised the price!!
Published 14 months ago by cs harris

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 20 Jan. 2012
Bookaholic - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nairns Gluten Free Porridge Oats 450 g (Pack of 6) (Grocery)

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect oats, Disapointed they have raised the price!!, 2 Feb. 2014
I bought these oats a couple of weeks ago for £12, they are so tasty I eat them everyday and at £12 it worked out at £2 for every box which was wonderful as they are much more expensive in the supermarket. I would have give these oats 5 stars but i came online to order another batch this evening and they have raised the price dramatically making it pointless buying in bulk as the price works out no different! Very disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Porridge, 10 Sept. 2013
Perfect porridge for people with gluten problems. Whole oats and not dust. It cooks perfectly and is also tasty uncooked.

4.0 out of 5 stars glutin free porridge oats, 13 Jun. 2013
it came up to my expectation very good I would reckomen it you would not no the difference from ordinary oats

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and welcome product, 28 Aug. 2013
In reply to a previous review:-
It is true that oats themselves contain no gluten. But unless they are grown under very strictly controlled conditions they tend to become cross contaminated by other crops like wheat and barley and so are totally unsuitable for sufferers of Coeliac Disease. Nairns' certified gluten free oats are grown under strictly monitored conditions and are therefore different from non certified oats. No, I do not work for Nairns - I have Coeliac Disease and am tremendously grateful to Nairns for their production of these oatcakes and porridge oats.

These porridge oats and various oatcakes are an answer to a coeliac's prayer. They make excellent porridge, and the various oatcakes - plain and flavoured - are very welcome. Oats are good for the heart, the blood and the gut, and to be able at long last to eat them again is, in every sense of the word, tremendously satisfying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but for the Husks, 29 Sept. 2014
I ate my way through about 40 boxes of this stuff. I cooked them on the hob for about 10-15 minutes. They tasted delicious, and the large flakes gave a great texture. However, they contained way too many husks. I heard somebody describe them as beetle wings, and that's just what they feel like. I found myself picking the things out of the porridge. I've now switched to a different brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice., 27 Jun. 2014
Mr. Oliver Tatlow "Ol" (Bradfrod, UK) - See all my reviews
This is well nice. I recently bought some different gluten free porridge because it was a bit cheaper figuring that it's just oats so it's all the same. Turned out to be disgusting so wish I hadn't. I guess you get what you pay for. I'll be buying more of this next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Oats, 7 April 2014
I use these in protein shakes and for that they taste great, nice texture, flavour and even taste, I found with some cheaper oats one bag could taste very different to another bag from a different batch but these are very consistent, well worth the extra cost over cheaper gluten free oats!

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick and tasty breakfast cereal, 8 Dec. 2013
As a recently diagnosed coeliac I was looking for a breakfast cereal which I could eat. I found this product advertised and tried a sample which I found much to my liking. Then I discovered that I could purchase it in bulk at a good discount from Amazon in handy packs of six boxes delivered to my door the day after ordering. I prefer to make individual helpings by mixing an amount in a pan with milk and a dash of salt and boiling for 3 minutes then serving with milk and sugar or maple syrup. Delicious!

4.0 out of 5 stars porridge oats, 6 Dec. 2013
best gluten free porridge oats ive tasted. when buying in bulk not that much more expensive than normal porridge oats.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Nairns Gluten Free Porridge Oats 450 g (Pack of 6)
Used & New from: £43.99