on 25 September 2000
This book is an excellent book for pet owners and newcomers to the breed. The content includes information on raising, training and looking after beagles from pups to adults. Also a good book for breeders to recommend to new beagle owners who would like to find out about the breed and raise a happy family pet. There are helpful tips on feeding,crate training and health too. No beagle pet owner should be without it.
on 8 April 2003
This book was recommended to me by the breeder from which I am getting my Beagle puppy. I found the book very helpful in giving me information and tips on how to look after this loveable breed. Is good because it focuses on Beagles as a pet rather than showing, which other dog books tend to do.
on 22 July 2009
A brilliant book packed full of relevant information and useful tips. Starts with the history of the beagle, preparing and choosing a pup, settling the pup in, how to train the dog, also deals with some of the difficult bits eg toilet training, crate training. Moves on to beagle health and then onto the senior beagle. This one book gives you all the information you need for the mischievous but brilliant breed. In a word 'excellent'.
on 20 September 2010
read reviews of this book before purchase & it lived up to expectations. I am happy with my choice & would recommend it to other beagle owners
on 31 August 2011
Totally comprehensive guide - def. recommend for anyone in the build up to bringing a Beagle puppy home. This book gave us confidence, ideas and great training tips.
on 20 January 2013
Having owned a beagle some time ago and looking forward to again this year( after the sad demise of our beloved labrador) I brought this book as an update. I was not disapointed.it is clear concise and informative.
on 24 October 2010
This book was and is great, it has all the information you could possibly need for caring for your Beagle, from puppy to senior, its all there!
It covers bringing your Beagle home, to feeding, bathing, grooming, TRAINING! etc etc.
Great purchase, I am sure I will be re reading it as our puppy gets older !
Recommended must have for anyone thinking on getting a Beagle of any age!
on 23 February 2014
Very informative book which taught me everything I needed to know about getting and owning a beagle. I now feel more confident in having one.
on 6 February 2013
its a well informative read. a must for new beagle owners. its a good referance book that gives you answers you're looking for.
on 2 October 2014
A very good, informative book with many useful tips on how to raise your puppy.