5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful
My other Seiko is a solar SSC015. It's a great watch, but it has a flaw, the date is recessed deep into the face and hard to see.

I missed having the day of the week displayed, which I used to have on my old Seiko Kinetic 200 (which wore out).

I was idly browsing the internet and saw this watch.
It ticked all the boxes for me as it was:-...
Published 18 months ago by Venton

3.0 out of 5 stars Luke warm
i bought this with the citizen. Love the citizen, less enthusiastic about this one. May have been better to have pursued the big orange one.
do like the fact it is solar. Struggle with setting the day and date.
Still a good watch, feels a little uncomfortable on the wrist.
Published 13 months ago by andrew chilton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)

I was idly browsing the internet and saw this watch.
It ticked all the boxes for me as it was:-

a) Solar powered - that is the way to go for me from now on
b) Easy to read the time, no gimmicks on the face
c) Day and date very clear to see
d) Very good value

When it arrived, it almost took my breath away - it was simply beautiful. It's design is just 'right', love at first sight for me.
The bezel is brushed, but where it tapers with the minute marks it is polished, this gives it a little sparkle. I really like the deeply scalloped indents on the bezel with machined grips at the base.

It's solid stainless steel so will last for years.
The orange of the dial is not overly bright and has a slight irridescence at certain angles. It's quite subtle and attractive.

The lume is bright, the second hand aligns with the markers. In the box was an ISO test certificate for diving, signed and dated. This is a serious piece of kit.

It's obviously a personal thing, but for me this is a perfectly designed watch and will be my daily wearer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Diver's Solar Watch., 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
An excellent alternative to the Citizen Eco-Drive range. Timekeeping is exceptional only gaining 2 seconds a week. The attention to detail, for example the bezel design & operation,is why a Seiko is a wise choice when looking at which watch manufacturer to purchase your next timepiece from. The only change I made was to purchase a Hirsch Black leather Strap from Watch Obsession which has orange stitching to compliment the watch face. I have worn the watch since Christmas & have not been disappointed.If you are unsure about the orange face (even after reading the reason for their use) it is available with a metal strap & a black face with white hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic holiday watch, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
bought this for holidays as my first watch is a bit pricey shall we say, this is fantastic value. The quality is spot on for the money and it looks much more expensive than it is, easy to use. Time will tell how tough it is but for 110 it is not going to be indestructable.... but it looks gorgeous and feels very nice to wear RECOMMENDED HIGHLY !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar divers watch review., 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
A typical quality product from Seiko,I can recommend this watch.The orange dial is not bright orange however the hands are clear,and it keeps excellent time.Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
Looks good feels great simple and easy to adjust it dose exactly what it says on the tin no batteries to replace. Superb......!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
Very nice watch and great value for money. I was a little disappointed the face wasn't bigger. Feels a little small when compared to the thickness of the bezel. Overall I'm quite happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all that orange, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
It arrived sooner than expected and very well packaged. If you are looking for a bright orange statement you will be disappointed, it's really quite tame however.....

I have worn Rolex for years and wanted a reasonably priced back-up that was tough, reliable and was maintenance-free. Automatics at this price are hopeless and I hate batteries so I looked at this watch as an option. It's good, very good indeed. I've only had it a few weeks but it is only about 1second out and I have no intention of changing it for that kind of margin! The day/date change is not immediate as with a Rolex and there are a few hours past midnight when the day is displayed in a non-English abbreviation which is silly because it's only there for a couple of hours and then switches to English day abbreviation so what's the point of that?

The strap is true to the Diver's name. It's tough inflexible rubber and very oversized to allow it to be worn over a wetsuit so it ain't dainty but you could always switch it for something more daywear.

For the price I suspect it would be hard to beat. If you want a tough, reliable watch that you can just wear through everything then this does it all. I would just add that the lume is the best I have seen - the face is readable for hours.

Not for everyone but I highly recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for me though, 5 July 2012
David Conroy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
Not sure I should even be reviewing this, as I did not buy it in the end, but thought I should share the fact that in reality, the dial is nothing like as bright as it appears in this photo. Great product, great quality, and I love Seiko watches, but if you want an unapologetically bright, eye-catching face, see this in the flesh before you buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Luke warm, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
do like the fact it is solar. Struggle with setting the day and date.
Still a good watch, feels a little uncomfortable on the wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Diver's Solar Watch SNE109P1 (Watch)
I needed a watch for diving and didn't want to pay a fortune for it. So far the watch has kept good time. It has an extra long strap so will go over a wetsuit etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›