on 11 July 2013
Despite claims of 1 high power port for iPad charging, the port will not fast charge an iPad 3, it will simply sustain it when switched on, like any other 1amp chargers. Shame.

Update -----

Prompt response from Transcend, great to see that some companies still care. It turns out, you need to install a special driver to get the full charging power out of your device... Driver installed and it now charges the iPad 3. Plus for communication...and the fact it now works, Minus for not making this obvious on the packaging or listing.
on 14 March 2013
It Works! Easy to connect and as fast as promised.
Compared to ordinary USB2 Hubs this Transcend Hub is way better.
on 31 May 2014
I'm sure the product is ok but I didn't get to try it as they sent me one with the wrong (Continental two pin) plug which I duly returned and they then sent me another with a two pin plug. It says clearly in the description that a UK plug is supplied. What a waste of my time - really annoyed at Amazon about this.
on 1 July 2013
Well made works fine very pleased USB 3.0 hubs are still thin on the ground this is good value. However the cable supplied to connect the PC to the hub is very short (approx 300mm) you can of course add an extension cable which I have done that aside great hub very pleased.
on 8 July 2013
Came on time and appears to be working satisfactorily so far. therefore I have no complains so far it seems ok
on 17 June 2014
I've just opened the box to find a two-pin PSU has been supplied and not a UK three pin plug. Why would they include this PSU when selling to UK residents? That's just lazy and annoying, I now have to either source an adaptor or go through the hassle of returning the item.

It will be interesting to see what the retailer has to say about this as I notice several other people have left reviews stating they've received the two-pin PSU too, you'd think they'd get it right.
on 28 March 2013
It came with a PSU fitted with European plug and an adapter for the UK.. Not at all ideal as the PSU plugs into a vertical socket and wobbles about... The Hub itself seems fine but the PSU losses it 2 stars, buyer beware.
on 15 November 2013
I've tried various combinations of cables, external hard drives of different manufacturers and different sizes: It just won't read or write. The supply seems ok, I tried it with a different one. Where am I going wrong? It is meant to power an external hard drive (320 GB to 1 TB) as a backup device for a laptop (Samsung nc10 or Samsung r510). Help will be appreciated.
on 26 February 2014
The Raspberry Pi requires a maximum of around 750 mA to be supplied via a micro USB port. (There is a 'polyfuse' of 750 mA).
The Raspberry Pi also has USB2 port for data communications.
The power that can be supplied by the Raspberry via its USB2 ports is limited. Insufficient to power USB drives and, probably, WiFi adapters. Hence the need for a powered USB hub.

I had planned to supply power via the TS-HUB3K "dedicated fast charging port" and use the other 3 ports for communications.
This will not work and Transcend have offered no solution.
The problem is that the Raspberry Pi boots when power is supplied, however shortly later the Raspberry activates it's USB2 ports and thus the hub's 'upstream' port. The hub reacts by momentarily interrupting the power supply. This causes the Raspberry Pi to reboot and the sequence loops. The power supply LED on the Raspberry flashes (about once a second).

However, there is a way around this problem. But this means that power cannot be supplied via the 'dedicated fast charging port'.
The solution is to power the Raspberry via one of the other hub's ports - NOT the 'dedicated fast charging port'

The USB3 standard says that a USB3 port can supply up to 900 mA (USB2 is 500 mA). If (this has not be confirmed) the Transcend port does this then this should be sufficient to supply the 750 mA needed. It might be the hub sees an 'upstream' port of USB2 not 3 and therefore limits to 500 ma.

In practice I have successfully run a Raspberry in this way with an external USB disk and WiFi adapter.
Also to get more power from the 'dedicated fast charging port' requires special drivers that are only available on Windows or OS/x
i.e. not the the Raspberry Pi Atom.

Finally it may need care on what devices are supported via the 'dedicated fast charging port' - they would need to tolerate a power interruption early in the boot process. WiFi OK?, hard disk used soon after boot?

In summary, I would say that I am happy with the port for use with a Raspberry Pi but that there are some limitations that had to be investigated at some considerable investment in time.
on 2 March 2015
I want to write a good review but this device has unfortunately let me down, particularly when it comes to charging the iPad.
It says you can download the fast charge driver to charge the iPad, which initially worked, but after like 2 weeks of using this, this hub was getting underpowered, even though connected to the mains power at all times and after several restarts for my computer to recognise my 2 USB 3.0 1Tb 2.5 inch external hard drives.

I have of course, reinstalled the driver, but it still wouldn't charge, have changed the lightning cables, both are MFI certified products. I used my PS4 to charge, which was fine, but it just stopped charging from the hub.