Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.15

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 March 2012
It reminded me of the films they make that show how we all interact like dominoes and are linked to one another via six degrees of seperation. Following an object through scenarios and relationships is an interesting idea and not at all unrealistic. I found some of the scenes made me a tad irritated and found myself shaking my head in annoyance at the characters. Especially when it came to the statements about women/mothers that stay at home to raise their children. Both adult child and husband were terribly condescending about her role in life and her level of intelligence. I wonder if that was written that way intentionally by the author to focus on the misrepresentation stay at home mothers get or were those some of her own opinions. It was a quick light hearted read with a pinch of realism.
on 3 October 2012
This was an extremely delightful read - an unusual story, with a beginning and an end, and with a most surprising middle. No typos - wonderful - and an intelligent and erudite writer, able to develop a character well within the chapter. I will be re-reading it, so I can take in the full story of just where the bottle went. My favourite interlude? The dinner party - almost Abigail's party - was a delight. A perfect little novella, and a treat to read a well written modern story with closure to it.
on 9 June 2013
Set in the 1980s, this is an enjoyable story and a great idea. It begins with Julie and Richard sharing a romantic dinner. All is well until his mother turns up and the bottle of wine they were about to share remains untouched. The bottle gets passed on to different characters in each chapter and on its journey, we visit the lives of these people - all connected in some way - and see their stories played out.
on 18 April 2013
I quite enjoyed this series of short stories. I don't often get on with short stories as I tend to find they end unsatisfactorily for me, however I didn't have that problem with this collection as each story followed on from the next as the bottle was passed on. I like a series that intertwines and this was enjoyable.
on 16 June 2012
This is a long short-story (if you know what I mean) where each chapter tells the next stage in what happened to the bottle of wine and along the way we meet a whole range of characters (some of whom are lovely and some not so!). An interesting concept and very well-told.
on 23 August 2012
Brilliant quick read, The Bottle of Plonks journey from one family drama to another, fascinatingly written and I couldnt put it down. Will look at more from this author. Thanks for a super read.
on 17 April 2012
i was a bit dubious about downloading this book, i mean how can you write a story about a bottle of wine? but i was pleasantly surprised. it is great and would recommend you read it too.
on 20 March 2012
This was an interesting yet simple tale of an endlessly unwanted pressie and the interlinked stories of the people who received and passed on this bottle. a great idea and enjoyable read
on 13 September 2013
Loved this story as it was so different from the usual books Jaquellynn Luben is such a good writer and makes a story really entertaining about the travels of a bottle of wine.
on 27 August 2014
Another nice book Jacquelynn Luben. When life is full of worries it is so nice to escape into a nice safe story. I just sat and read it and escaped. Lovely.