5.0 out of 5 stars Performs very well
I spent ages trying to find the right spice grinder. Previously had a DeLonghi coffee grinder but I didn't like the fact that you couldn't wash it out.... this was one of my key criteria. I do not use it for coffee but grind a lot of different spices.

I've had this product for a month and it has performed really well. I like the fact that you can take out...
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by L. Bryan

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful grinder but plastic componentry not build to last
I've had this Grinder for 5 months and it has served me well until now. I have used it nearly everyday for coffee and spices.

The Good - Detachable grinding head, easy to clean, compact, useful spice attachment for small amounts of spices. It grinds hard spices like cinnamon and nutmeg relatively well. It grinds sea salt ok but you need to give it a bit of a...
Published on 5 April 2012 by King

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after one use., 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: James Martin Spice Grinder ZX789 with James Martin Spices Recipe Booklet, White/ Black (Kitchen & Home)
During my first ever use grinding coffee, this product stopped working completely. Similiar to other customers experiences, smoke then started coming out of the area near the cord. Definitely avoid this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 28 Oct 2011
My first thoughts were what's this attachment for? And the capacity doesn't look very large.
But once I worked it out and realised that I could grind a single dried chilli using the attachment (something my last grinder couldn't do) then remove the bowl wash it and then grind other spices or coffee I was converted.
I must say the bowl capacity is not massive but if you use it without the attachment there is plenty of space for grinding spice mixes, seeds or coffee etc for my families needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 11 Aug 2014
Mary Lizzie (Olney, Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had this for two years now and it is one of the best bits of kit I own. I like making Indian and other Asian foods from scratch and use my grinder both for grinding whole spices and for making spice pastes with a little liquid. It excels at both (unless you put in too much liquid, but you only do that once!). The only thing it has ever balked at was a really big bit of cassia bark. It does cinnamon just fine.

I also use it for chopping herbs. It does a grand job there too, but they need to be more or less dry to prevent sticking. You quickly get the hang of how much to put in at a time - it's so quick (seconds) that it's no hassle to do two or three batches to get an even size of bits if that bothers you.

The whole thing is well designed for use and to come apart for cleaning and the cord stores neatly inside the bottom.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 23 Feb 2013
I stupidly ignored the reviews that said this product was rubbish. It is. It worked once and broke. What a waste of my time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as described..., 25 July 2013
I was pleased with the efficient service provided, the grinder arrived well within the time set by the seller. It does work efficiently, and is easy to clean. My only concern is that I do not think the grinder is as described by Amazon as a "wet" spice grinder. The Grinding bowl leaks oil into the motor unit when using olive oil and herbs to grind into a paste. For dry goods it is excellent. As I make a number of spice pastes, and this was to replace an elderly unit that had burnt out, this leakage is disappointing. Not what it said on the website, a wet and dry grinder.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT little Flax Seed Grinder!!, 8 July 2013
This item is simply the best spice grinder I have ever used! Not only is it easy to clean, but it is so far the only one I have found that does such a good job of grinding Flax Seed! (Something that literally all of my previous spice grinders struggled to do!) but this one grinds it flawlessly, and beautifully fine-ground too, in literally a matter of seconds! I liked this machine so much, that when the motor on this one eventually wore out from the amount of abuse I have given it (I literally used it several times a day every single day, so it really did well to take all I threw at it! lol.), but I simply had to buy another one of this exact same model just to replace it, as it was really that good!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does a fine job on the spices., 13 Jun 2013
It's a nice product that does a fine job grinding spices. The plastic around the central nut of the blades of the grinder is a little brittle and it did chip so watch for that but it is still a good grinder. The R & D dept. might want to take note of my review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad grinder for the price, 31 Dec 2011
D. Bottell - See all my reviews
Having looked for quite a while for a spice grinder, I decided to give this one a try. The decision was based on the description, price and reviews. The item arrived promptly as usual with Amazon- thank you. On opening the item was tidy and smart in appearance, the cable tidy smartly held in the base. The machine operates smoothly by pressing a single button which can be held down for continuous use or pulsed as required. The spice attachment is used to grind smaller amounts of spices and is simply placed over the spices in the grinder base and then covered with the lid. The attachment reduces the amount of space available for the spices to fly around and therefore concentrates the grinding process for smaller amounts of spices. I have already used it about 4 times to grind various seeds and spices. I found the grinder did struggle with dried ginger pieces and only managed to shave off small amounts - fail. Everything else worked fine. I have yet to try cardomons or cinnamon but I'm sure they will be fine. The ginger was very hard. I would recommend this device for ease of use, cleaning and performance for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 2 Nov 2012
This review is about the grinder itself, I am indian so we grind tough spices, and ours broke within 3 uses, got another 1. N that also broke within a month , the motor is rubish to say the least, look else wear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gadget; needs to be used correctly., 15 Jan 2012
As a test,I ground some black peppercorns, cinnamon stick and star anise - all hard to grind.
Pressed the button, heard 2 seconds of noise, then no more grinding noise.
Thought it hadn't worked, but found it had ground them all very fine in such a short time!

I think some people may have kept the button pressed for a long time, thinking it wasn't working - it really is extremely fast & efficient!

I wouldn't use it for anything wet, and it's probably a bit too fierce for coffee.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›