5.0 out of 5 stars HISTORICAL INSIGHT
There is a good selection of poems including some very famous ones. All of them give a glimpse into a situation that, no matter how well illuminated, is beyond anything we can comprehend. The scenes depicted, the attitudes of the time, the devastation wraught upon every human feeling and emotion are encapsulated here. To a world now obcessed with human rights and health...
Published 14 months ago by I Kane

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ever so impressed...
I recently bought a Kindle in hope of being 'more of a reader' and to perhaps read up more on topics studied within my Open University courses. So... my first download was this book on war poetry including Wilfred Owen's Dulce et Decorum Est.

I was amazed and disappointed however to find the line 'Of tired, outstripped five-nines that dropped behind' had the...
Published on 21 Oct. 2011 by Ben1204

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories of tragedy, 9 May 2013
This review is from: The War Poets: A Selection of World War I Poetry (2nd Edition) (Kindle Edition)
I'm not a big poetry fan, but these really evoke a sense of the First World War and what it's what like in the true aches and back at home. I read it for Wilfred Owen's 'Dulce et Decorum Est' which I did at school, and discovered some other talented poets in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lest we forget, 10 April 2013
Wonderfully tragic and moving. Relaying images we should never hope to see again for our sake, our children's sake and generations to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars good collection, 6 April 2013
A good selection of works from different authors. A happy balance and one that I enjoy and would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good insight into War., 29 Mar. 2013
Mr. N. B. Hodson "Bruce Hodson" (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
Quickly delivered by Kindle. A superb read byanyone who can feel and see what the human being, and soul, has to go through, in all its extremeties, in War - then and now. At least NOW we think of it as a democratic thing that all right minded people have to support - BUT then, we also did at that time - so is it all inevitable?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 24 Dec. 2012
Hiljay "Hiljay" (Ripon, Nth Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a much older book that had fallen apart, this is excellant for all who love the poetry of Wilfred Owen, Rupert Brooke etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant thank you, 6 Dec. 2012
I am a great fan of British war poets and this one is brilliant, because it inc some verse I hav'nt seen before.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 July 2014
poems rated grown ups
boring and it was just not my type but there were quite alot of poems I don't know there isn't ITS A LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY which is my favourite

4.0 out of 5 stars war poets, 14 Aug. 2014
Mr. J. W. Oneill "jo 1" (aberlemno scotland) - See all my reviews
absolutely love this book, the poetry is so poignant it stirs feelings of sadness and anger at the wasted lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving. What else can I say? Written with ..., 19 Sept. 2014
Moving. What else can I say? Written with such depth and feeling, heartwrenching stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY NOW, 7 Nov. 2014
All the usual suspects. Still haiuntingly beautiful and disturbingly brutal