on 20 March 2013
Wow. Best book of the series so far. Can't wait for season 3 to start on TV in 2 weeks.
on 7 May 2015
Brought this book for my nephew he's a fan of these books came on time and good price
on 27 April 2015
Purchased for my grand daughter who wanted to follow up the TV series with the book.
on 22 April 2014
Just what we have come to expect from this author, I am only one third of the way through this book but already find that I am fixed, tho old characters, come and go and new ones are added to keep you hooked. The story is strong and compelling, I look forward to my peaceful moments with this book.
In my opinion you must start the series at the begining, I started after I had seen the first tv series, but now prefer the book to the series, its still early days for me with this read but at the moment I continue to enjoy every page. Keep going Mr Martin, one day I may catch up with your latest book, but until then I will continue to pick up your book at every opportunity.
on 31 January 2015
Fabulous - the twists and turns in the plot are incredible. It is a riveting read.
on 30 July 2002
This third book finally starts to bring in the more magical aspects of the universe with subtlety and then smacks you over the head with a couple of stunning twists. The great thing is that the magic doesn't overshadow the deadly court intrigue and human wars, but mingles with it so perfectly that it seems very natural for it to be included.
The Characters are so believable in their creation with a heavy dose of flaws and range of emotion. The look at the world as a whole and lands outside of the main continent are terrific giving the whole tale a mighty scope that only whets your appetite for more. The book has a complex weave of fantasy and reality, George Martin continues to write this stunning series with an amount of depth and attention to character that I can't remember seeing recently in any high fantasy series. He continues on with his brutal look at a realistic world where no man or woman is spared from the bad things in life.
I HIGHLY RECOMEND The Price of Immortality by C.M. Whitlock The book has a complex weave of fantasy and reality that you that will enthrall you
0Comment5 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 September 2014
Really enjoyed it and ordered the rest of the books in the series as a result!
on 22 July 2014
Love these books, just wish he would write the one that was promised for 2014!
on 10 July 2014
second best bookseries ever written in the world, only beaten by wheel of time
on 13 August 2014
omg I just love these books, don't want to spoil it but what a fantastic read