Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 12 July 2009
Don't bother with this one! I went out of my way to buy this but I wish I hadn't wasted my money. The format doesn't work for wedding planning. It's pure drivel!
on 7 October 2009
Good girlie read with interesting facts about the wedding industry. A nice easy one for the bus/tube.
on 25 April 2015
I love all the babylon books and this was up with my favourites of beach and hotel babylon!
on 14 June 2010
I liked the cover and the idea of the book. I think it can make a brilliant TV series, but as a novel it got boring in many places
characters aren't that rich
could be much better and more engaging
but it's a ok in total
VINE VOICEon 18 September 2009
I have read Hotel, Air and Beach and now the world of weddings is centre stage from `anonymous' and Imogen Edwards-Jones.

We are taken through a week in a wedding planner's world and see how much is spent, how much is wasted and how many tears are shed in the process of bringing two people together. However the excess of weddings and the people involved was interesting, and from someone who has been involved in organising weddings and sent the bills I know what costs are involved, this was interesting see the far higher echelons of the market.

However, what held all this together `the story' did not work for me. It was too easy to skim read these parts until you got to the interesting parts and in the end that became a chore.

Not a `Babylon' book that I enjoyed, though have shared it with others at work who are involved in weddings as a humorous way to waste some time. Sort of a `Hello/Ok' magazine without the photos to while away a few hours if you want some escapism.

What will the next `Babylon' bring us........?
on 28 July 2009
This would have been an OK read if it wasn't for the foul language that was peppered throughout. It was mildly interesting but had I not paid good money for it I frankly would have given up in the first chapter. Not recommended unless you are heavily into chick-lit.
on 10 October 2014
Fantastic
on 2 June 2010
This book is sloppily edited - some of the designers and celebrity names are incorrect - this work is really a shoddy version of what might have been. It's far too limited: all the weddings featured are very very high end and beyond most people's reach and it has a totally unrealistic narrator. Save your money!
on 29 May 2009
I came upon this book in rather a strange manner. While making a rope out of llama fur in a desperate attempt to placate an ill-tempered peruvian bus driver, I found my attention wandering. Finally, as the bus driver muttered to himself in heavily accented dutch (which had been the original cause of our argument), I discovered this book in an accountant's nest that had long since been abandoned. At first, my pulse quickened, as the rites and customs of the babylonians have long interested me. However, on closer reading, I discovered that in fact this was more of our time. Still, there is no cheese but that eating will not reveal its flavour, as my father would often say, and so I read on. And it was a fun read, all about weddings.