on 20 May 2014
Heavy going in parts but ultimately rewards the effort. Meticulously referenced data and real life examples complete a masterly work of great value and potential influence.
on 7 April 2014
I am gradually moving over to this way of eating, following on from meeting the wonderfully insoiring Zoe Harcombe. This is not a book for anyone just wanting to casually dip in and see what it's all about. There is some serious science included, as you would expect from two such eminent scientists. Stick with the science though, take notes if oyu need to make sense of it ourself and it all makes so much sense. This is not a just another faddy diet book. Worth owning if oyu want to know more about why you are fat, verging into pre-diabetes and how to pull back from the brink,
on 15 May 2013
Really enjoyed reading this one, full of very useful and important information. Did get a bit technical, but I managed to understand it all.
on 9 November 2013
What a fantastic book.Finished it in two days.These guys really know their stuff.I'll be looking to read more of their work -
on 2 March 2016
Useful information if you are an organic chemistry major. Probably the Atkins books are much easier to read.
on 9 November 2013
A low carb diet has revolutionised my life and there aren't many great books about it - this is one of them.
on 25 February 2015
This has to be a must read for anyone interested in their health but particularly if you have T2D. Type 2 Diabetes.
I found it scientific but easy to follow and to understand. The information is presented in a very user friendly fashion and succinctly.
It the one book to give to your GP or Family Doctor.
on 28 January 2015
Reading this book helped me make a major change in my life.
I feel better for it and have lost weight. I've also gained other benefits (BP has come down, which could be due to multiple factors but these were triggered by the change in my diet).

I'm now buying some smaller trousers.....
on 16 May 2015
A good breakdown of the science. Analogies are perhaps a little patronising at times: 'the metabolic bully' etc. But it's clear. The middle chapters on lipid profiles do start to drag: I get the point; the impact is a reduction in cardio vascular risk, move on. But overall a great book.
on 16 March 2015
This was my introduction to this controversial subject. I wanted to read the science - in order to have faith in the process. Thank you for making (most of ) the material accessible for a lay person. I am working on learning the terminology and putting your ideas into practice!