Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 21 April 2011
Mary has changed my baking life! I can now bake brownies, bakewell tarts, marble cake and many more treats much to the pleasure of my family and work colleagues. I love the easy to follow no fuss recipes- throw everything in one bowl and mix well! All you need is an electric mixer, mixing bowl, scales and a baking tray and you are ready to go! Fun treats for all occasions. Don't bother with all the expensive baking books, all you need is Mary!
on 21 February 2011
I tried a number of recipes and they all worked beautifully. The good thing about most recipes is there is no fuss - you throw everything in and just make sure that all the ingredients are well mixed. There is no creaming of butter and sugar involved.
on 5 February 2011
I have made several cakes from the recipes,all have turned out well,no disasters.The recipes are easy to follow.I am well pleased with the book, it stands up well against more expensive books.Another Mary Berry success.
on 20 September 2012
This book may be small, but its recipes are easy to follow. The book includes six categories: Large cakes and Swiss rolls, Small cakes, Traybakes and loaf cakes, Scones, buns and pancakes, Special cakes and Occasion cakes. What I've found with a lot of other cookbooks is that the cakes can be very expensive. Mary Berry's recipes aren't expensive but taste great nevertheless! If you're starting out baking this is a perfect and inexpensive book to start with.
on 28 February 2011
I should have listened to my dear ol' mum ... she always said the seasoned cook authors were the best and Mary Berry is living testiment to that. I didn't give the book five stars only because there were so many recipes that relied on nuts and dried fruit and fewer of these would have allowed for some great additional recipes. Having said that, at half the price of books from celebs such as Lorraine Pascale etc, this was seriously good value for money.

I made the Christening cake (for my husband's birthday) and for a change, followed instruction to the letter. I have no reservation in blowing my own trumpet (and to that end, a whole wind section for Mrs Berry) when I say that the resulting cake could have been mistaken for something costing a fortune from a professional baker - it was out of this world and worthy, if I had made it a three-layer, to grace the palate of a bride and groom.

I shall, on the strength of this book, be buying some more of Mary's publications but this will only be once I have completed my gym membership form next week.
on 18 February 2011
This book is brilliant - I already own her Fast Cakes book and this one is even better as it has full colour photos. The cakes are easy to make and the instructions are nice and clear. The chocolate mousse cake was amazing!
on 14 February 2011
Mary Berry knows her stuff. The recipes work. Simple presentation. The "best shortbread recipe", is the best I've tasted. Great value little book which is going to be very very useful.
I'm not keen on small format recipe books (hard to keep open and flat as you work) but this series has such cracking content I'll overlook it.

Money well spent.
VINE VOICEon 15 January 2011
This is the third book from the My Kitchen Table series that I have been sent to review and I think this one is my favourite - why? Because I love this sort of cooking, not that I do any, but I used to cook cakes and bakes and should really start doing it again.
Also check out the website [...]
The book follows a similar format to the rest in the series and includes comprehensive ingredient lists, suggested servings per recipe and the recipes are split into up to 5 easy steps.
There are both sweet and savoury recipes within the book. There are six sections within the book: large cakes and Swiss rolls; small cakes; tray bakes and loaf cakes; scones, buns and pancakes; special cakes and occasion cakes. Flapjacks, brownies, cheesecakes and Christmas cakes are just a few I picked out while flicking through the book.
This book would be ideal for parents of children who are asked to donate cakes to school functions or anyone who donates to church events or fundraisers of any kind. An excellent book for ideas, but not to delve into when you are hungry.
on 8 July 2011
I remember my mum always baking with a dog eared copy of Mary Berry on the top and the results were always good. I am overseas these days and noticed this book when browsing - it was like a bit of my childhood/England arrived in the post and I can see why mum was such a fan. Have baked fairy cakes and the lemon drizzle cake, both of which were super easy and came out perfect.
on 8 February 2011
Excellent book. Tried and tested some recipes, and they have all come out looking very good, but more over tasting delicious. A lot of recipes are a simpler version of how I used to make them, so cake can go in the over that bit quicker. Would definitely recommend!