5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive
I work as a videographer, therefore being able to burn discs to deliver to clients is a pretty important requirement of mine. My original Blu Ray burner gave up after a particularly busy work period last year so as the new year is warming up, I thought it best to get a replacement.

Published on 8 Feb 2012 by dgpictures

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Seems to work fine
Published 6 months ago by DJW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sony BD-5300S-0B 12x Internal Blu-ray RW (Accessory)

I decided to go with Sony, hoping that a drive from such a reputable brand might last a little longer than my last one, and so far so good!

With a 12x write speed, it blew me away compared to my last drives 4x speed, both reading and writing are very quick. Installing it was no hassle at all it was a straight swap with the old drive, booted up my machine running Windows 7 and it recognised the new hardware right away, did a quick bit of automatic instillation and it was done!
Since installing the drive I've written standard DVD's, Dual layer DVD's, and of course Blu Rays (Single layer) and have had no trouble so far.

For the price and considering the other drives on the market at the time of purchase in Jan 2012, I'm happy I've made the right choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Jun 2014
Seems to work fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray Burner, 27 May 2012
Mj Munn (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony BD-5300S-0B 12x Internal Blu-ray RW (Accessory)
Very pleased with this item a great buy & a must for blu ray fans. Would reckonmend this burner to everyyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony does the business, 19 Dec 2011
Walpole (St Albans UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony BD-5300S-0B 12x Internal Blu-ray RW (Accessory)
This is my second Sony optical drive (as well as a Sony floppy drive). They've all got on with the job reliably and unobtrusively - not true of some other brands I've used. 4 stars because there may be something better, but I'm content!