5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy e-delivery, warranty is transferable
Published on 15 Oct. 2011 by Seren Ade

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfair Amazon!!
Published on 30 Dec. 2011 by SarahB

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy e-delivery, warranty is transferable, 15 Oct. 2011
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 3-Year Kindle Protection Plan with Accident & Theft Cover by SquareTrade, UK customers only (Accessory)
I'm very impressed indeed with the speed at which this warranty came - my certificate of insurance arrived via e-mail delivery within hours of placing the order and a print copy was delivered by post within a few days. The ordering process does require a recent Kindle purchase via Amazon or for you to input the serial number of a Kindle registered to your account. I was a bit worried about this, as I was buying the warranty to go with the Kindle I've bought my brother for Christmas, so I didn't really want to set things up in my name. I needn't have worried: the warranty is transferable to the name/address of a gift recipient - all you have to do is contact SquareTrade and let them know. They were very helpful in dealing with my request.

The terms of the warranty are easy to understand and set out in plain English, and the level of coverage given is superb: theft and accidental damage are included, up to a maximum of 3 replacement Kindles during the lifespan of the policy.

Of course, there are certain requirements before replacement Kindles can be issued in the event of damage/theft: a damaged Kindle must be sent away for assessment (a replacement will be sent, but your card details are required to ensure that you aren't attempting any monkey business - since the replacement is sent before you're expected to return the damaged Kindle), and a crime reference number is required in the event of theft. Over all, a very good policy.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic service, 3 Nov. 2011
Ms. R. Thirsk "Reets" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
my kindle accidentley fell to the floor whilst going on holiday..thought oh no there's an outlay of a new kindle, on arriving home checked my cover, and to my delight I was covered..I received a new kindle in 2 days of ringing, the service was brilliant, no form filling, no hassle..well worth taking it out..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, personal service, 30 Nov. 2011
On 21 November I bought a Kindle on my Amazon account, but my husband is keeping it to give me for Christmas. Two days later I received an email about the Square Trade warranty. I tried to buy it, but couldn't as my Kindle won't be registered until Christmas Day. As the warranty has to be taken out within 30 days of buying the Kindle, this posed a problem. I sent an email to Amazon's helpline and received a phone call within 2 hours. I was helped to buy the warranty and I received the policy very quickly by email. I then phoned the number on this email to ask if the warranty could be changed to begin from 25 December and this has been done.

Of course, the real proof of the value of the warranty will be when I make a claim. But so far I can't fault the service I have received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle E Ink, 6 Dec. 2011
I purchased my Kindle from Amazon in October 2011. Last night one of my children sat / fell on the kindle and the now the screen is completely broken. I was extremely disappointed but then I remembered that Id purchased a Square Trade warranty. I called their office and within 2 minutes a FREE replacement was organized, and all I have to do is send the broken one back to them in a prepaid envelope. Thats it! For portable items such as the Kindle or iPad I would highly recommend the warranty as it is just a fraction of the cost of a single repair or single replacement. The simplest and best warranty replacement that Ive ever experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new Kindle, 30 Nov. 2011
I have just had a Kindle for my birthday - which was superb, but was worried about it getting stolen or broken. A friend mentioned the 2-year SquareTrade Warranty which she had recently subscribed to and I looked into purchasing the same for myself. It was so easy to buy this product on line and I now have peace of mind and can use my Kindle wherever I wish, knowing it is fully protected against theft and accidental damage. Many thanks for making it so easy to procure. Salisbury Val.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfair Amazon!!, 30 Dec. 2011
My parents bought me a Kindle as a Christmas present, and bought it early to ensure they received it in time, when I went to buy myself an additional warranty the day after Boxing Day I was told that because its over thirty days old I couldn't. I doubt I am the only person in this situation, I think it could have been made clearer that this was the case to my parents or Amazon should extend the purchase period for the warranty for presents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea at the time, 28 Oct. 2013
Have not had to call upon them regarding a claim but the details in the policy were clear and concise, with contact information in the paperwork

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant service, 25 Jan. 2013
Janet Wignell "Jannet" (Rutland, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't usually bother with insurance but is I'm accident prone I was convinced I'd drop my Kindle in the sand. 18 months and all was OK til I woke up to find the screen had lines all over it. I was bereft. I can't handle life without a book and I had a train journey that day and was away for the weekend the next day. Disaster. 15 hours after this discovery my new Kindle was delivered to my home. I call that service. Meanwhile I discovered I could read my book on my laptop and when I upgrade my phone in a few months need to make sure I can use the Kindle app. All is calm again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warrenty, 5 Jan. 2012
AFTER A FEW HOURS OF BUYING FROM SQUARETRADE AN EMAIL WAS SENT NOTIFICATION OF THE PURCHASED POLICY TO PRINT FOLLOWED BY TWO DAYS LATER A WRITTEN COPY SENT IN THE POST WHAT WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE THANK YOU ALSO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE SERIAL NUMBER IT IS IN THE BOX IT CAME IN WELL I HAVE A BOOK TO FINISH READING ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Insurance, 5 Jan. 2012
N. Canning (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
It's always a risk buying insurance when you don't know if you need it and whether, should you need to claim it will have been worth the money. At a quarter of the cost of a Kindle it seems expensive..unless I break it!