5.0 out of 5 stars Words of wisdom
Published on 20 May 2001 by J. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense
This book is an easy read with great humor. However if you are looking for pratical advice keep looking. I thought the toddler taming was brilliant and so decided to buy this. I was dissapointed. The best advice was to treat your children with respect to get it back. Unless your child has a specific problem such as adhd I wouldn't really recommend it. It is well written...
Published on 26 Oct 2010 by frazz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Words of wisdom, 20 May 2001
J. Thomas "jojo" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This is a very informative and entertaining book; not just for parents who need advice with specific problems but also for parents who are keen to avoid problems before they arrive. The author covers all aspects of successful child rearing in an absolutely no-nonsense, down-to-earth manner. (It's definitely not full of any 'latest-fad', extreme psychoanalyst nonsense!) Surprisingly, this was an extremely entertaining book; the author has an excellent sense of humour, which combined with his experience and ability to observe and understand our little ones' behaviour results in some classic examples of observations. Every topic you could imagine (and a few you didn't think of!) is included. Multiple solutions are offered to problems and all are workable and straightforward. The wisdom this man imparts is impressive but he maintains a modest stance. He does not lay blame and guilt on any parent's doorstep, but understanding and some damn good suggestions. There are no perfect parents, just many of us who want to do our best for our children and this book is a good friend. It's supportive, only slightly critical in a constructive manner, full of sound advice within your limits to achieve, experienced, humorous and available. Unfortunately children don't come with an Owners' Guide, this is the nearest and best you' find. Happy parenting!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent practical advice and very amusing, 20 Oct 2000
By A Customer
As per Toddler Taming, Christopher Green has surpassed himself with sound practical advise written in such a way so as to amuse the reader but also leaving them in no doubt that they are normal parents with normal children. He includes some very reassuring yet surprising advice - e.g. it is OK to bribe your kids into good behaviour! My Toddler Taming book is dog eared and ragged from age and reading it so often - I assume this book will have the same the same fate!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must to have., 20 May 2000
Christopher Green made me feel human with Toddler Taming, some things he said were so obvious you just don't see them and I can only comment that this book has made me feel human once again - having not known what to do with my 3 yr olds tantrums. Definitely the only book I recommend to everyone interested or involved with kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 17 April 2000
By A Customer
This is simply the book to have if you have kids.Already i have identified problems peculiar to my situation { the whinging child being one} and have found excellent and workable advice on how to deal with situations. It can also affirm where you have been getting it right and! where you went hopelessly wrong!

4.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent., 15 April 2009
I bought this book as it came highly recommended and I have two children within the age range. I wanted a book that could give advice on positive parenting as I seemed to be turning into a bit of a nag and was so tired of hearing the sound of my own voice!!

A lot of the book is basic common sense really when you think of it eg treat your children the way you would like to be treated yourself. However, Dr Green gives the advice in a practical, reassuring manner that can also give the reader a laugh. I have been reading the book off and on since I bought it and I would highly recommend it to anyone. As Dr Green says in his introduction 'I can't promise a smooth ride, but I hope I can help you avoid some of the bumps'. Here here!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Toddlerdom - after Contented Baby and Toddler Books, 2 Feb 2011
This book gives greater confidence when your contented toddler is getting out into the big wide world. It helps a parent feel positive and active and not reactive to all a child's behaviour. The whole idea of discipline being a positive, preventative thing is so encouraging. The practical sections including sibling squabbles, social skills and more, are readable and the advice can be used straight away. Its a great handbook and I'd recommend it to any parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Toddlerdom: Every Parents guide to the 5-12 ..., 16 Dec 2006
This book has been and still is my Bible for keeping track of changes in my children. It is written with great sense of humour, gives practical advice without exaggeration, and I highly recommed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 27 Oct 2011
Gives practical yet funny advice on how to tackle those tantrums. I used the Toddler taming also and found both really helpful. I would recommend to any parent struggling or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, funny & realistic take on raising children, 8 Oct 2011
I bought 'Babies' and 'Toddler Taming' both by Dr Green - they were both invaluable in enabling me to keep sane and this looks as though it will do the same. Although not rocket science, the common sense, funny approach that Dr Green takes brings you back to earth and makes you realise that you are not alone and you child is ... dare I say it ... normal! A must have in a parents armoury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyong Toddlerdom, 13 Feb 2011
Excellent!!! Where would we be without this series of books. We had Toddler Taming which was a God send and now Beyond Toddlerdom is helping us deal with any hiccups as they happen. Thank you very much for helping my sanity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›