4.0 out of 5 stars The Fat Dutchman Steals the Show.
This was clearly a very personal project for director/producer/writer Emilio Estevez, who drafted in the heavyweight services of his father Martin Sheen for their third collaboration together. Estevez clearly has plenty of talent which he displays with this well intentioned if a little predictable affair. Thankfully the films earnestness, its good humour, and the...
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by Bob Salter

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacked something
What would I have liked to know before I bought it? Others have described the plot, basically a man completing the long journey on which his adult son had died, meeting other characters etc, overcoming disasters and finding something in himself. On the plus side, the cinematography was good, with some nice atmospheric scenic shots; the music was pleasing and in keeping,...
Published on 20 Nov 2011 by Will Mac

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lovely film, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
This is a lovely film. I won't add more than has already been said but it perfectly encaputers the grief of a somewhat emotionally stunted middle age American doctor as he completes his dead son's ill fated last journey. The people he teams up with all have something to teach him, though he probably wouldn't have said that before walking the walk. James Nesbitt is excellent and has the most unusual and amusing introductory speech ever! I am a Catholic but this film won't offend non-believers or non-Catholics, the religion isn't strongly emphasised, but it is there in a subtle way affecting all the characters in a good way. The filming and scenery is lovely too, perfect for a cold winter night! I love this film and am so glad I have it on DVD cos we'll watch it again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Way, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
I thought it was a very very interesting portraial of and possible life changing walk. I have friends who have done it and their accounts match very well with the way it was portreyed in the film and the actors gave a first rate performance. I enjoyed it and was challanged by to do some thing like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Way, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
I just loved it.Sorry i missed it on the big screen in the cinema Still thought about the film the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wept thoughout..., 6 Oct 2011
Mrs. Althea Hayton (St Albans, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
I walked the Camino myself in 2005, so I was longing to see this. It didn't disappoint. I wept with overwhelming emotion almost throughout, because it was so wonderful to be reminded of my own amazing experience by watching this film. Not quite enough of the sheer exhaustion, everyone seemed to be very fit. But the characters were fairly typical - the odd balls, the people walking in their own silent pain. The story was sad, very sad, and it was interesting how Tom was stripped of everything in the end. That's what the Camino does - it strips you down to the bone, but it clears your mind and your heart for the next thing. Watch it - and walk The Way yourself if you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 5 I've ever spent., 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant film. I'm not going into that pseudo intellectual trying to be a film critic stuff. It's a great film with great characters and a great story. Leaves you feeling good. I even smiled and I never do that.

4.0 out of 5 stars An important Human Contribution To A Christians Life, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
A very good way to contemplate over Lent and at other times when religious thinking can be stimulated by real life experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 12 Feb 2014
Barrie Jenks (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
Whether you are a Christian looking for an interesting film with some good potential group discussions or just looking for an interesting film to watch on a Saturday evening curled up on the sofa then you wont go far wrong watching this. I have watched it twice and am looking forward to watching it again. It is timeless and you will find different things in it each time you watch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, 22 May 2013
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
When I ordered my copy of The Way I forgot all about Regions for DVD's and being in Australia we are Region 4 and the video was for Region 1 and wouldn't play on our DVD Player, however it did play in the computers DVD player so we saw it on the computer. Absolutely wonderful and the best movie that I have seen in an awful long time, it has inspired me to get to and save up and go to the south of France and begin the long pilgrimage along the Camino through to Santiago in Spain. I'll get there one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple premise, moving and humorous interpretation., 22 April 2013
Paul W. Blest (Tasmania, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
Always looking for a movie that doesn't rely totally on sex, violence and computer generated images: this fits the bill. An American dentist's son dies while walking "The Way", the El Camino running from France, through the Pyrenees to Spain's north western coast. Said dentist decides that he will do the walk, perhaps to honour his son, but also to discover what El Camino might have meant to him. The pleasure of the movie lies in his encounters with three others along the way, all of whom are completing a personal pilgrimage but with different motivations. Not all encounters run smoothly, but each, in his or her way, will find fulfilment and friendship. A visual pleasure backed by a particularly attractive soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great ..., 21 April 2013
This review is from: The Way [DVD] (DVD)
I bought The Way as a friend was about to go on the same mission. I thoroughly enjoyed the story particularly as I could image Penny walking the same route and enjoying the same scenery and delight when she completed the challenge. The interviews were also extremely interesting ...

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

The Way [DVD]
The Way [DVD] by Emilio Estevez (DVD - 2011)
5.19